To Save Her #315 - Triage

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

To Save Her #315 - Triage

Postby Plasman » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:17 am

http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20315.html

I can understand why Virtue is... "reluctant" to revive the downed lady - he knows he's about to receive a face full o' somethin', and it ain't a cream pie!

BTW, compare this strip to this one -
Jennifer, you ·might· need to redraw Vola (unless the second panel is us looking into a mirror). Just sayin'... :oops:
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Re: To Save Her #315 - Triage

Postby Skatche » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:02 am

Whoa, early comic? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I guess this is why Vola wasn't in the scene when the crew intersected themselves: she was busy getting her arm fixed. Maybe she'll save the day after zombie Kaye wakes up hungry for brains.

I'm a little surprised at Pho's altruism (and more than a little surprised that he can lift the H-Hold all on his own). He always struck me as being quite practical when the situation demands it, and this is very clearly a stupid idea, given what he's seen of his own future. Then again, he was still alive when he saw himself, so maybe he's willing to try his chances in order to ensure that Virtue (who has openly admitted to being a dangerous psychopath) bites the big one.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Jennifer, you ·might· need to redraw Vola (unless the second panel is us looking into a mirror). Just sayin'... :oops: - Plasman

Ah... oh. Aw, fuck.

The tyranny of handedness once again plagues me. Curse you, handedness.

Nothing to see here, move along. That didn't happen. Meow.

I'm a little surprised at Pho's altruism (and more than a little surprised that he can lift the H-Hold all on his own). -Skatche

Pho is weak against love, and strong against weight.

The H-Hold weighs 120 pounds, roughly, earth-equivalent, Kaye is about 80 pounds, and the two packs weigh around 20 pounds each; Pho is carrying around 240 pounds over his back. We can assume he is doing it in short bursts with long pauses, and dragging Kaye part of the time. A fireman carrying someone just marginally fatter than myself out of a burning building (I'm currently at 230 pounds). Pho is at least as strong, and in shape, as a firefighter.

We can also assume everyone thinks he is completely nuts to be doing this.

And before you say I must be nuts to be 230 pounds, recall that I am 5' 11", 49 years old, and my skeleton has male-pattern growth.

Plus, I have a very fat ass.

Baby got back.

Oh, god.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Anna » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:34 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:.

To have a very fat ass means, the female hormones are working perfectly for you.
Oh how I'm jealous, envious ... :mrgreen:

Yes, the other broken arm...
Like in the good old days of moviemaking.
"Young Frankenstein", oops, that means "...Fronkensteen".
Marty Feldman had his hump sometimes on the other side.

Jennifer, you should fire the script girl, it's her work to watch for things like this.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby marinschild » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:30 pm

I knew that Pho was going to do what any true fool in love would do. I would probably do the same from the look of my own track record.
Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:Baby got back.

Is my brain melting? Did I read that right? I never thought I'd hear a famous Sir Mix-A-Lot quote from someone who has such a sophisticated mind. I guess it is better than "My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps".

Shameless sticker.*('')*
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Zev » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Where is Only? Is he just behind them or has he taken off again?
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:06 am

Zev wrote:Where is Only? Is he just behind them or has he taken off again?

Only is just lagging behind. He is in Friday's strip. Or will be. He has to be. There is unfinished business.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Alikat » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:31 am

Jenny, why would the weight of the H-Hold be added to the weight of Kaye since they're both occupying the same exact cross-section? I thought linovection force increased based upon the horizontal cross-section size of an object, not upon the cumulative mass of the object(s). I would venture to guess that Kaye, being vaguely conical, is "heavier" than the H-Hold, and since they are occupying the same cross-section, the "heavier of the two objects (Kaye's body) is equal to the total "weight" of her and the H-Hold. And instead of the Fireman's Carry being more efficient, as it is on Earth, holding Kaye as vertical as possible, in order to reduce her cross-section, would be the easiest way to lug her.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wic » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:34 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:
And before you say I must be nuts to be 230 pounds, recall that I am 5' 11", 49 years old, and my skeleton has male-pattern growth.

Baby got back.

Oh, god.

Imagine how big it'd be with female bone structure.

Buy hey, at least you got counter-balances! ^v^
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Postby Plasman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:The tyranny of handedness once again plagues me. Curse you, handedness.

Now THERE'S irony for you... you've been having troubles with hands in both the comics and in real life! ;]
Don't freak out about it too much, though... Movies and TV shows are full of continuity mistakes. At least you have the chance to retcon any boo-boos before they get set to hard copy!
I note with interest that the issue of hands will probably not come up in your next comic... :mrgreen: It'll probably be "too many/not enough tentacles" instead.
#_@

On a sidenote, I notice that you have started placing the latest strip on the top of the index as well... very nice!
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Skatche » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Alikat wrote:Jenny, why would the weight of the H-Hold be added to the weight of Kaye since they're both occupying the same exact cross-section? I thought linovection force increased based upon the horizontal cross-section size of an object, not upon the cumulative mass of the object(s). I would venture to guess that Kaye, being vaguely conical, is "heavier" than the H-Hold, and since they are occupying the same cross-section, the "heavier of the two objects (Kaye's body) is equal to the total "weight" of her and the H-Hold. And instead of the Fireman's Carry being more efficient, as it is on Earth, holding Kaye as vertical as possible, in order to reduce her cross-section, would be the easiest way to lug her.

A wizard did it!
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Alikat wrote:Jenny, why would the weight of the H-Hold be added to the weight of Kaye since they're both occupying the same exact cross-section?

Ah, shit. Good point. When I get tired and answer questions I do badly. I forget the obvious.

It's a different universe, there is no gravity, linovection rules instead, and under linovection weight changes based on horizontal cross-section. The wider the cross-section the greater the weight; earthly rules do not apply.

Had I been on top of my game, I would not have given pounds of weight at all; they are irrelevant as absolute measures, at best they are relative indicators for use in comprehension. Pho can easily carry Kaye, so long as he carries her such that her cross-section is minimized. Over the shoulders, don't lean too far forward is one way.

A 'one-pound' disk of metal weighs fully when it is flat to the ground, but weighs much less if it is on edge in Tryslmaistan.

Goddess, I feel like an idiot for forgetting that. Must be the Mad Cow kicking in again. Sorry. I am totally pants.

#_@
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Alikat » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:10 am

Accursed prions! If only Taco bell didn't make such delectable Groditas!

Oh, and Jenny, I love the view of the Veil Collectors in the background, very nice.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:29 am

Even if weight itself isn't a factor, inertial mass might still be an important factor in how easy it is to control a load.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alfador » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:08 am

It's probably the fact that since you're drawing the characters in a more realistic style than Unicorn Jelly, you're unconsciously also making them behave more realistically regarding Mundis physics. Maybe.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to To Save Her