To Save Her #316 - Wounded

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

To Save Her #316 - Wounded

Postby Gideon_Wells » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:05 am

http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20316.html

The cast probably have stronger senses of priorities than I do. At this point I'd be moving something big just to see how that would effect the hypothetical, from their point of view, crash with themselves at this point.

Also, looks like alert Only is alert.
Gideon_Wells
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Re: To Save Her #316 - Wounded

Postby draque » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:29 am

There are the footprints... since Vola wasn't in [url="http://pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20200.html"]this[/url] scene, it's possible that Kaye is going to stand and blow Virtue away in the next comic before she stands up in the future-vision comic, she would be "offscreen").
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:32 am

Can anyone see the other Only in this picture? I can't... That has me wondering...

EDIT: Eeep. Guess we figured that one out... 8O :( :cry: :depressed:
Last edited by Plasman on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:35 am

Only could be anywhere. Behind a box, or behind the camera, or just moving too fast to be seen through the blurry mists of time.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Gideon_Wells » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:26 am

A thought just occurred to me. If the Grand Uni Theory of a single Only/Uni exists reigns true, would it also apply to time travel? Is the multiversal drive to have only one Only/Uni so strong that the Only we saw in our prior trip is also the Only in there now?

The thing is, though, that I think we are meant to think Only might be dead or will be dead at this point. Kaye, while insane and will be very angry, isn't stupid. What will her first words be when waking up? "Mover Alert: Recycle Action Init"?
Gideon_Wells
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Postby Volair » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 am

I should say up front that I am very solidly aware of how inappropriate the following is, given how serious this is, and given how much danger Vola is likely in, but:

Holy smokes Vola is hot.

Okay, there, I said it. Couldn't stop myself. Sorry. But getting back to everything else, I get the feeling Virtue is really keenly aware that he is gonna get blammed the minute Kaye gets out of that pod but also is having trouble choosing between the aesthetic of dying nobly and the aesthetic of bucking fate, which would as far as he can tell, mean killing Kaye, which also means killing Pho, which he's now re-evaluating in terms of difficulty given recent events....
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Skatche » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:32 pm

(1) I don't think Kaye will end up in the pod at all. During the time-intersection, the top of her head was still open, which it wouldn't have been (I assume) if she'd been healed.
(2) The idea that Only didn't show up during the time-intersection because he's a hyerbeing is an intriguing one.
(3) Okay. Pho wants to heal Kaye, he's in love, blah blah blah, I guess I understand. But leaving the ray gun right next to her? What the hell is he thinking? And even if he's too distracted to confiscate it, I'd think Virtue of all people, who knows damn well he's about to get his face removed, would take it.
(4) That being said, I think Virtue is planning to do something very sneaky with those electanic packs.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:38 pm

We will very soon have the answer to your questions about Only in that scene answered definitively...
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Wizard CaT » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:57 pm

Volair wrote:I should say up front that I am very solidly aware of how inappropriate the following is, given how serious this is, and given how much danger Vola is likely in, but:

Holy smokes Vola is hot.

Not only is she hot, but she is still coddling the wrong arm. Her left was broken, but her right is the one that was wounded and she is flexing her right arm now saying it's all better @,@
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:17 am

Wizard CaT wrote:
Volair wrote:...
Holy smokes Vola is hot.

Not only is she hot, but she is still coddling the wrong arm. Her left was broken, but her right is the one that was wounded and she is flexing her right arm now saying it's all better @,@

Anna wrote:Yes, the other broken arm...
Like in the good old days of moviemaking.
"Young Frankenstein", oops, that means "...Fronkensteen".
Marty Feldman had his hump sometimes on the other side

Don't argue with Jennifer!
It's her freedom of art.

But to be honest...
It can be a brain matter.
Sometimes, I do remember things, or a have a kind of imagined picture in my mind, and if I see the original, could be a photo, a scene of a movie or so...
it is the complete different thing, and mostly I notice my imagination was like a mirror, right and left was changed.
Maybe Jennifer has a similar "problem".
For my experiences I can only say, it's funny and I often ask myself, if it,(my memory), will be mirrored again.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:18 pm

At this point, I would just give up on the 'left' - 'right' thing. I've had a major problem with this my whole life; just imagine me in the days when I still drove a car "Turn left Jennifer! NO! Your OTHER left!". For a while I wore a silver bangle on... one of my arms (I forget which) to help me tell my own left from right. I still made mistakes.

It's so bad... I am very, very right handed, and there are times I try to do stuff with my left hand that I can't possibly do with the coordination of that hand, because I forgot. I forget which is my dominant hand sometimes. Goddess.

Basically, it is a miracle I ever get handedness correct in anything I do.

So I would offer it is probably pointless to fuss over which arm Vola had injured; it's not like the artist doing this story can tell, much less keep track of it.

I am doing my best, even so.

Yes, I know that's sad.

HEY!
Jennifer knows it's sad!
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Plasman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:24 am

Volair wrote:Holy smokes Vola is hot.

Seconded! :mrgreen:
One can tell that the artist has a working knowledge of female anatomy... :kiss:

Re: the whole left/right arm thing...
Why not do what some manga comics have done when translating into the English pattern of reading - flip the panel over from left to right? That way, the arm thing will still work, and all you have to do is re-align the text.

(Funnily enough, we're just playing the Mirror Mode courses on Mari Kart Wii... :D )
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Anna » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:31 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:At this point, I would just give up on the 'left' - 'right' thing. I've had a major problem with this my whole life; just imagine me in the days when I still drove a car "Turn left Jennifer! NO! Your OTHER left!". For a while I wore a silver bangle on... one of my arms (I forget which) to help me tell my own left from right. I still made mistakes.

It's so bad... I am very, very right handed, and there are times I try to do stuff with my left hand that I can't possibly do with the coordination of that hand, because I forgot. I forget which is my dominant hand sometimes. Goddess.

Basically, it is a miracle I ever get handedness correct in anything I do.

So I would offer it is probably pointless to fuss over which arm Vola had injured; it's not like the artist doing this story can tell, much less keep track of it.

I am doing my best, even so.

Yes, I know that's sad.

HEY!
Jennifer knows it's sad!

Grin, funny, I'm not alone.
And I had once a similar adventure.
During my driving lessons I'd drive my teacher crazy: "Left, L-e-f-t, LEFT!!!!"
Followed by a german invective, or two...

Mabye Jennifer should draw for herself a little picture of Vola and pin it next to the monitor.
On this pic Vola should show her the real wounded arm.
But that's to late, she's out of the casket and in good wealth.

I think Jennifer will rework it before TSH goes to the printing.

HEY!
Allright My Lady,
Salvation!

Edit:
"...and in good wealth"
HEALTH! I did want to write HEALTH!
Verdammt noch mal!
:evil: :depressed: :(
Last edited by Anna on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby SilverFeathers » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:06 am

I'm the same way. I'll point left and say right. So I tell people to follow the point, not the voice. And there are certainly enough broken-off bulbs in my house to prove I'm directionally challenged.. "Lefty-loosey, Righty-tighty" my Great Aunt Mathilda...

Just remember, your left hand makes an "L" with the forefinger and thumb. I occasionally have to do this in order to get the word "LEFT" into my head instead of saying right. Its very easy from there to turn that L into a point. :)
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby strange_person » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:39 am

SilverFeathers wrote:your left hand makes an "L" with the forefinger and thumb.

Only when the palms are facing away.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Skatche » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:24 am

Plasman wrote:Why not do what some manga comics have done when translating into the English pattern of reading - flip the panel over from left to right?

She can't do that. Well, she could, but it wouldn't be a good idea. Even working against her left/right issues, Mrs Reitz has carefully maintained the layout of the viewer, since this has occasionally provided us with clues. If she flipped the panel then the footprints, the crates, Kaye's orientation, would all be off.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Plasman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:52 pm

She could always flip the earlier ones, ie. the ones where Vola's holding the gun -
Oh, never mind. That would change the arrangement of the other characters as well. Darn, I'd forgotten about that. :oops:

I've never really had any problems picking out my left and right. I don't think it was an innate thing, though - I had to learn it from a really young age. I think I only got it when someone taught me "you write with your right" (or left, as it may be).
That must be a very strange feeling getting your orientation mixed up! I'll bet it makes finding your way in a strange area very unsettling...
________
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:38 am

Plasman wrote:That must be a very strange feeling getting your orientation mixed up! I'll bet it makes finding your way in a strange area very unsettling...

I have trouble navigating. I get lost in 3D space. It's weird. I'm great on a 2D gameworld or whatever, but put me in a 3D game, or in the actual world, and I get lost really easily. It just doesn't make sense, somehow. I had trouble getting used to our bloody house, when we first moved in, and it isn't that big! I can't hope to navigate FPS games unless they are very linear.

That is one reason I am so crazy about TF2 and Left 4 Dead; the levels are very linear, very easy to avoid getting lost in. It's all basically point A to point B, with not so many side paths.

I used to end up just completely lost on big Unreal Tournament custom maps. The ones that do most of a whole planet or a city or whatever. Mini-maps in games help, but not if they scroll over too large of a world. I've gotten lost in Spore, for instance. In the creature phase, where you can only see at the level of the grass and pebbles.

I used to have nightmares about getting lost, when I was growing up. All the time.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby ThingOfThing » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 am

I still have the left/right problem, too, and have to do the "hold out your hands" thing. If I'd grown up speaking a language other than English, I'd be screwed. :lol:
There ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, there ain't nothing in this world for free
I can't slow down, I can't hold back, though you know I wish I could
But there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good
ThingOfThing
Kumquat Class

Postby SilverFeathers » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I have trouble navigating. I get lost in 3D space. It's weird. I'm great on a 2D gameworld or whatever, but put me in a 3D game, or in the actual world, and I get lost really easily. It just doesn't make sense, somehow. I had trouble getting used to our bloody house, when we first moved in, and it isn't that big!

I can relate! My new place is three bedrooms on one floor with no hallways and I kept getting impressively turned around. I don't even know HOW.

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I used to have nightmares about getting lost, when I was growing up. All the time.

Have you ever had the dreams where you're having to run to make an escape and the map of the world or house you were in kept changing every time you turned a corner? Like something out of Dark City? Those are wild.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Return to To Save Her