TSH # 321 - Boon

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

TSH # 321 - Boon

Postby Anna » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 am

http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save ... 20321.html

Hours, it's hours online, and nobody did open a thread?
Allright, me again...
Guys, you all are lazy.

Aha, Kaye has a gun for her comfort,
so she must have an american heart :wink: ,
an artificial heart of course,
the H-Hold must be "Made in the U.S.A."
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: TSH # 321 - Boon

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 am

You are too right, Anna.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby strange_person » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:42 am

Wow, my game-theory is hot.

strange_person wrote:Everybody has weapons. It lets them avoid feeling helpless against a vast and uncaring universe.

If Pho had secured the gun, or smashed it with a rock, Kaye would have just killed them all with her bare hands.
Or recycler tags.
Or a spare gun she had concealed somewhere else.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alikat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Y'know, they've been treating the basilisk-enhanced supergenius in the tank like furniture for so long that I am beginning to wonder what she's been cooking up in there. It's not like Chou to be a passive participant in anything, not since her youthful head injury healed anyway. It's entirely possible that she's been subtly manipulating things so that the Kazemehou-approved outcome is inevitable. Did she make the Ascension program run yet? If she did, then once she gets used to her new "limbs," manipulating the Mover through the existing power coupling will be as child's play to her.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Skatche » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Alikat wrote:Y'know, they've been treating the basilisk-enhanced supergenius in the tank like furniture for so long that I am beginning to wonder what she's been cooking up in there. It's not like Chou to be a passive participant in anything, not since her youthful head injury healed anyway. It's entirely possible that she's been subtly manipulating things so that the Kazemehou-approved outcome is inevitable. Did she make the Ascension program run yet? If she did, then once she gets used to her new "limbs," manipulating the Mover through the existing power coupling will be as child's play to her.

For that matter, causing a freak mutation in one Jellese in every splay, in order that said Jellese can both assure the safety and ascension of Stormfall humanity, and allow for her own ascension in non-Stormfall splays, would also be as child's play. :3
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Ahem. *cough*

Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Alikat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Ever wonder where Vlax came from? I am beginning to suspect that Chou had something to do with it. :D

Without Vlax, Hyperspace Rain divots would only be bringing in dying lumps of exotic refuse. Vlax is what makes colonizing Trys possible for these divot people. If Chou didn't create it, perhaps the crashed Krawlni did, or the prior incursion of Kitkats.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Not everything has to come 'from' somewhere.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Tychomonger » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 pm

My theory on Vlax is that it was an ancient Hyperspace Rain immigrant itself, one which was very very good at adapting to new environments. It then managed to stick around for a long enough time without a Stormfall event for it to become part of the universe's reboot-memory.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Tychomonger wrote:My theory on Vlax is that it was an ancient Hyperspace Rain immigrant itself, one which was very very good at adapting to new environments. It then managed to stick around for a long enough time without a Stormfall event for it to become part of the universe's reboot-memory.

One would assume that to be between 600,000 and about 900,000 years. Since the rain happens every 600k (err right? or did I make up a number) and Vlax would be unlikely to cause a storm fall, even when it falls off the edge, so the next race would make it boom.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:Ahem. *cough*

Kay-Wai, Chess piece, Kayle alien, a penis, Uni, the girl from Pastel, Wai-Wai, Rwrrr!, a punk.
Did I get those right?
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Postby Plasman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Kay, mover, Lady Kaye, Pho, Only (oops! Nearly said Uni), Virtue, Ngo, Vola, OoO.

I'm guessing this is some kind of sequence or progression, possibly the progression that leads to Chou's ascension. Or maybe it's just something pretty Jennifer cooked up to make everyone speculate about stuff all over again!

PS. I initially thought the same thing about the fourth picture that Wic did... oopsie. :blush:
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Alikat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:46 pm

strange_person wrote:Not everything has to come 'from' somewhere.

Examples?
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Skatche » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Alikat wrote:

Examples?

1. Every finite and contingent being has a cause.
2. Nothing finite and contingent can cause itself.
3. A causal chain cannot be of infinite length.
4. Therefore, an infinite First Cause (or something that is not an effect) must exist.
5. We call this First Cause "God".
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby strange_person » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:11 am

Point three is not applicable to Tryslmaistan.

What I meant was, Vlax could have emerged as a result of natural processes, rather than through the deliberate intervention of a self-aware agent.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alikat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:32 am

Skatche wrote:
Alikat wrote:

Examples?

4. Therefore, an infinite First Cause (or something that is not an effect) must exist.

Do you have anything to support #3? Never confuse irreducibility with finiteness. Just because the Big Bang was a Singularity doesn't mean that it is an origin or terminus of causality, causality might just be compressed, folded, and wadded up right down into infinity, simply by following a non-repeating fractal structure. There might simply be no bottom to the pit, just ever-decreasing predictability where big fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em, and little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:39 am

Skatche wrote:

Not if it is a closed-timelike loop, see below.

This state is called a 'closed time-like loop' and is a staple of science fiction. One easy example is from 'Back To The Future', which is rife with this ancient time-travel trope; the song 'Jonny B. Goode' was written by Chuck Berry because his cousin had him listen to Marty McFly playing the song, and Marty played the song because Chuck Berry wrote it. The song itself exists because it exists, a closed time-like loop.

This notion is actually accepted as a necessary result of time travel; currently time travel cannot be disproved and is marginally accepted as being possible for that reason. Closed time-like loops are not paradoxes, rather they are embedded structures within spacetime. If current physics is correct, they are not only actually possible, but must exist.

The universe, our universe, has no known end to time, and if M-Theory is true, all universes in the multiverse likewise have no end, and likely no beginning, but always were and always will be/have been expanding out of each other. Universes are the ultimate causal chain, and being of infinite duration, they are of infinite length.

I have no idea what you are saying with this sentence, but if it is, as it seems, a logical deduction predicated on the first three erroneous statements offered, then it must ultimately mean nothing at all.

I have even less idea what you are saying with this last sentence. I certainly would not call a First Cause 'god'; I would likely call it 'First Cause', because it would almost certainly be a natural, mindless phenomena.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Skatche » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Guys, come on. I'm being facetious here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_argument
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Plasman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:...currently time travel cannot be disproved and is marginally accepted as being possible for that reason. Closed time-like loops are not paradoxes, rather they are embedded structures within spacetime. If current physics is correct, they are not only actually possible, but must exist.

Eeep. So, assuming time travel is possible, it is therefore possible that someone could actually one day be their own grandparent?!?
...That would have to be a "very special" episode of Jerry Springer right there. :roll:
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Kirishala » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Plasman wrote:Eeep. So, assuming time travel is possible, it is therefore possible that someone could actually one day be their own grandparent?!?
...That would have to be a "very special" episode of Jerry Springer right there. :roll:

Definitely, though its far from the most convoluted possible personal timeline, how about being your own mother and father with interesting psychological issues resulting from knowledge of that fact?
Kirishala
Welcome, New User!

Next

Return to To Save Her