We Fear the New

Wisdom of the Squidipus Sage

Re: We Fear the New

Postby Monthenor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Alfador wrote:
Monthenor wrote:
Alfador wrote:Ah, the Legend of Ika Takozushi. If thou knowest it not already, the moving picture show can be easily viewed thus: http://otakuworld.com/shibai/pages/kamishibai.html Unfortunately, it appears Macintoshes are not supported...

Dude they so are. Unfortunately I seem to remember people having trouble with the sound or Java version of something.

MY BAD!!! I totally forgot about your implementation. Accept my apologies? :sweatbead:

Your apologies are delicious like candy!

And it's not your fault, because it never did run 100%. This is what I feared. Takozushi loads up and runs perfectly on my machine, but I've also got all sorts of developer libraries installed all over the place. I would guess it's the audio formats that break it, but...it's been three years.

Damn, I put my real name on that?
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:31 pm

I always sort of assumed it was just a program playing basically animated GIFs with MIDIs and text >.> I guess I underestimated the complexity of how it's set up.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Talaru Corinu » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:34 am

Mitsukara wrote:I underestimated the complexity of how it's set up.

You have no idea.
Taste the Sound, Smell the light, I hear your touch.
Talaru Corinu
Blueberry Class

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 pm

Also, in retrospect, I hope that didn't sound assinine of me. I didn't mean to underrate the Kamishibai progam by any means- but I figure it's all in the quality of the art that's being represented. I didn't realize just how much there was to the program itself; I feel kind of bad for that. ^^'
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Previous

Return to The Legend Of Ika Takozushi