Um...hi

Postby Amber » Thu May 21, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm not good with introduction posts but here goes anyway. I actually joined your forums several months ago as a way to keep in touch with one of my friends (you know who you are) after my life (literally and figuratively) fell apart. But things are starting to go right again and i've become more and more interested in my old pursuits, so i figured i'd start posting instead of just lurking. Hopefully if my dialup connection allows (stupid dialup), i'll get to read some of the comics my friend is so amazed with.
Amber
Welcome, New User!

Re: Um...hi

Postby Plasman » Thu May 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Welcome, new visitor! If I can call you new?
Have fun reading the comics on a dialup connection... I first read Unicorn Jelly on a 56k line, and it took me the better part of a day to get through it all. And PDH took even longer... :boggled: (though it was still in production at the time, so it doesn't count)
Stick with it though. They're pretty good stories, and the artwork is excellent. You'd be amazed what Jennifer can do with a bunch of pixels! :kiss:
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu May 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Welcome back, Amber!

Dialup is hard. Welcome!
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Mitsukara » Sat May 23, 2009 2:05 pm

Hello ^^ The person Amber speaks of is me. She is a friend of mine going many years back, from the game forum I hung around at in lieu of the social experiences of public school, and for other good reasons that have since kinda faded out prior to my coming over here to hang out instead.

It's awesome to see you posting, Amber, and I hope you come to enjoy this place as much as I do. Sorry it's reaaaaaaally slow, I remember dialup (last time I used it was 2004 though) and I don't miss it at all.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Plasman » Sun May 24, 2009 11:48 am

As the Good Book says: "DON'T PANIC!"
If downloading the comics seems daunting on dialup, you can always get the Dead Tree version! In some cases, shipping can take as little as a couple of days, which is almost as quick as COMMENT ABOUT DIALUP HAS BEEN DELETED BY POSTER ;]
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Amber » Sun May 24, 2009 12:34 pm

I was actually thinking about doing that at least for the older ones, but my finances aren't quite where I want them to be for buying fun things instead of parts for my car or paying off debts. Stupid economy and stupid dial up. :pout: oh well, a little waiting won't kill me and i can catch up on the current comics at least. Granted with dial up, I'll probably still be reading the current ones in six months :/
Amber
Welcome, New User!

Postby Mitsukara » Sun May 31, 2009 1:31 pm

*scribbles out something about not starting with recent strips*

Oh, you meant you started with To Save Her (from the beginning). That's not bad then.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Ashes » Sun May 31, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi Amber! Welcome to the forums. 0-0 We're a wacky and fun loving bunch of misfits.
Ashes
Melon Class

Return to Introductions