Hello dear guys. I am here.

Postby crexiadrinc » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 am

Hello guys! I am just returned from sea beach and full of energy... ;) The big water is really amazing. Thanks God who created this element.
By the way I've forget to say hello to everyone.. sorry. ;) So many impressions just overfill me. Well... how all things are doing?
I ocassionally found these links looking for [url]cookware & kitchenware[/url], [url]bedroom sets[/url], [url]kitchen appliance[/url] and
[url]bedroom furniture[/url]. Maybe they will be interested for you too. They suggest easy buing and wide world shipping. zz8163

[Edit by Monocheres: spam links removed -- along with the spammer]
Last edited by crexiadrinc on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
crexiadrinc

Re: Hello dear guys. I am here.

Postby Ashes » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Hello. Welcome to Unicorn Jelly. Your post is a little confusing. I'm doing well.

You live in Burma? I don't think anybody from Burma has ever joined the forums before. How did you hear about Unicorn Jelly?
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Monocheres » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 pm

How can somebody who supposedly lives in Burma have an IP address registered in the Ukraine? Smells like yet another spammer.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Ashes » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:19 am

Perhaps Burma is her home country, but Ukraine is where she is located currently. There's no advertisement links anywhere in her post, sig, or profile. She has an avatar which appears to be an illustration by Yoshitaka Amano (of Final Fantasy fame). Except for the confusing way her post is written, and the fact that she hasn't posted anywhere else (some people are too busy to post often), she doesn't look like a bot to me.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby strange_person » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:33 am

What's this image say, Crexiadnric?

No particular penalty if you get it wrong; big boost to your credibility if you can identify the specific relevance.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Monocheres » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Ashes wrote:Perhaps Burma is her home country, but Ukraine is where she is located currently. There's no advertisement links anywhere in her post, sig, or profile. She has an avatar which appears to be an illustration by Yoshitaka Amano (of Final Fantasy fame). Except for the confusing way her post is written, and the fact that she hasn't posted anywhere else (some people are too busy to post often), she doesn't look like a bot to me.

Hence my reticent about just blasting this person away. I'm suspicious, but giving the benefit of the doubt.

I think we should make it a guideline for newbies that when they introduce themselves, they should avoid just posting a "generic hello" that could have been cut-and-pasted from some spammer script. Their first post ought to include something in it that assures us they really are a fan (or even a critic I suppose) of Jennifer's work. Or at least interested in discussing something relevant to one of the forums here.

From the Welcome to the Unicorn Jelly FAQ:
Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:If you are a new user, it would be friendly to post a greeting message to say hello, and tell us a bit about yourself, and what brought you here. This is not mandatory, it would just be nice.

What I take this to mean is that it's okay to launch right into some relevant discussion without ever introducing yourself. But it would be nice if you introduced yourself too. I don't think it implies that it's "nice" to just introduce yourself without saying anything relevant.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alfador » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:24 am

Ashes wrote:Perhaps Burma is her home country, but Ukraine is where she is located currently. There's no advertisement links anywhere in her post, sig, or profile. She has an avatar which appears to be an illustration by Yoshitaka Amano (of Final Fantasy fame). Except for the confusing way her post is written, and the fact that she hasn't posted anywhere else (some people are too busy to post often), she doesn't look like a bot to me.

crexiadrinc wrote:I ocassionally found these links looking for kitchen appliance{spam link removed} and
bedroom furniture{spam link removed}. Maybe they will be interested for you too. They suggest easy buing and wide world shipping. zz8162

They're getting sneakier. They edit their posts four days after the initial one, to insert the spam links.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Ashes » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:09 am

Impressively creative.
urbs#3
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Monocheres » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Gave this person a chance, but they got cute. So long crexi! You can get "overfilled" somewhere else...
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Return to Introductions