A new introduction for a new forum

Postby CyberSkull » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 am

Hey all again! I had an account on the old forum, but since that is now locked here I am on the new! I'm a voracious webcomic reader and the reason I popped by the forum today was to ask about everyone's favorite tentacled pig. When will the comic start and will there be an RSS feed? I love the new theme of the forum, it fits great with the whole UJ universe.

(^0^)=
Sincerely,
Your Dread Lord
Un-Certified Looney, Heretic @ Large, etc…
CyberSkull
Welcome, New User!

Re: A new introduction for a new forum

Postby Idiot Glee » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:48 am

Whoa! Not spam!

Hello actual posting member. *shakes your hand* Welcome!
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Monocheres » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Welcome (back), Cyberskull!

Wow, a real member this time. Not a whiff of pressed pork shoulder or ham. What a breath of fresh air!
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:25 pm

The Emperor is not amused.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Welcome!!!

Takozushi will begin shortly after I finish page 20 of the TSH coloring book. The coloring book acts as a kind of epilogue to the story, and it was requested by my Elde, because she was so sad that the story finally ended.

I will probably need about two weeks to get Takozushi up to speed. I need to do several things: finalize the style (pretty much there already, but I want to try to refine the process... and remember how I did it, to be honest), work out the logistics of production (I solve a lot of problems by working out a methodology, a process, before I start. I make a kind of 'factory' process for making comics that permits my work to be more efficient. This includes page layout, what order things get done, blank frames and pages set up already for immediate work, and which programs will be used to do the comic in), and finally to create the prototype page from which all other pages will derive. There are other little details I forget right now.

I am NOT going to be taking a break, like I did last time with UJ. I want to make that clear!

HEY!
I will NOT be taking a break between comics!

I don't want to lose any of you. I don't want to have my audience drift off because I am being lazy (to be honest, I was totally burned out from UJ, but still). I will be starting up the new story two weeks (maybe less!) from the end of TSH's coloring book bonus feature.

If I am more clever than I imagine, the start of Takozushi might even be much sooner than two weeks. I am saying two weeks just to give myself wiggle room, in case something comes up.

Takozushi will be much more than the original Kamishibai story, though it will include that within it. I am not changing the text or story one bit - it will literally be the original Kamishibai, unlike Pastel, only with new (hopefully better!) graphics. Stephen has written a much longer sequel to the original story, which I will do, and also a short story that tells how Ton and Ika met in the first place, which will be placed between the first story and the sequel. The whole thing will be done rather like a child's storybook, really.

Only with lots of blood.

OK, a child's storybook for really cool parents. Or Punk parents. Or Goth parents. Or Goth-Punk parents. Or something like that.

Kill Bill for kids!

Anyway, that's the scoop.

Oh! I can't get the damn RSS feed to work right. I suck, I am made of techno-fail. Sorry.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Return to Introductions