Hiya! Game Designer, Transsexual, huge fan.

Postby Zilla » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 pm

So, a friend links me to Pastel Defender Heliotrope about two days ago...

I'm simultaneously reading that and Unicorn Jelly now, and just from the comics alone, I developed a deep respect for the author. I actually thought to myself "Wow, she should be a game designer!" before I knew anything about her. Just today, while sharing some of my awestruck fascination about the depth of her worlds with someone else, I was linked to another facet website of hers, www.transsexual.org .

I read her bio... I'm totally astounded.

Perhaps I should contextualize this. I'm a transsexual student, learning to be a game designer. I'm actually in San Francisco for the Game Developer's Conference right now, but I don't have a pass ($250? on a student budget? yeah...)

I actually stayed home the last two days, and just talked with very important friends on the internet, and read Pastel Defender Heliotrope, and just today, started reading Unicorn Jelly. I'm having a bit of an existential quandry about whether this is the right way to get where I want to go, especially when I feel like my friends are more important than my potential career. And I hate networking >_>. GDC for me, without a pass to see any demonstrations or lectures or talks or seminars, is purely networking, and I don't feel like I can possibly make any good connections at this point, with me being a sophomore, and even if I did meet someone important, I wouldn't know what to do.

I dunno, I'm getting long-winded here, and I haven't even seen any of the community yet. Hello everyone!
Zilla
Blueberry Class

Re: Hiya! Game Designer, Transsexual, huge fan.

Postby Coda » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi, and welcome! Make yourself at home. :) We're a friendly bunch!
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Zilla » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:18 pm

^_^ thanks, I'm also friendly! :D
Zilla
Blueberry Class

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:36 am

Welcome, Zilla!

I kind of haunt things right now, because I'm burned out from finishing 'To Save Her', but I am glad you are here!
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Return to Introductions