Hello, new here, wish I was new everywhere...

Postby Insand » Wed May 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Hello
Most rightly 1st - Thank You Jennifer, for your shining work & giving! I am unexpectedly, astonishingly moved by what I have found here.
This is intimidating - folks with 500, 1000+ posts, newcomers who vanish with great rapidity as if whisked to an alternate 'verse...if thats to be my fate - let the adventure begin !
( for other noobs & lurkers - you can't block third party cookies and get here, at least, I think that was my problem)
Allow me to self-introduct, and by way of that, as you may see, pay homage to J's creativity.
- not a gamer or designer
- techno-anderthal fighting neo-luddite urges
- left comics 40+ years ago (seems that's changed)
- never read a webcomic (seems that's changed)
- don't like joining Forums (seems civil here)
- not an artist (stick-people proportions are so challenging)
-until recently, thought "manga" was a form of crime syndicate
See, I'm from a primitive 'verse, no grudges I nurse, insufficiently terse, yes - I rehearse, to not make things worse, I deal with the curse of a heart that is burst from riding mortality's hearse with no nurse save the music of muses and sages and such, and of comfort and joy here I see there is much.
Too lengthy ! Too long ! Away I must go in blush - and despair, that time is unjust to what love may repair.
Golden Thanks to our host ! If given the honour, I will always step across your threshold with respect.
ps how do I attach a signature ?
In unity, survival !
Insand
Our New Friend

Re: Hello, new here, wish I was new everywhere...

Postby Ashes » Wed May 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Insand wrote: See, I'm from a primitive 'verse, no grudges I nurse, insufficiently terse, yes - I rehearse, to not make things worse, I deal with the curse of a heart that is burst from riding mortality's hearse with no nurse save the music of muses and sages and such, and of comfort and joy here I see there is much.
Too lengthy ! Too long ! Away I must go in blush - and despair, that time is unjust to what love may repair.
Golden Thanks to our host ! If given the honour, I will always step across your threshold with respect.

If all your posts rhyme this well, I'm sure you'll become very popular here.
W!!
Welcome to Unicorn Jelly Forum!
(^^>

ps how do I attach a signature ?

If the forums work like I think they might, you can click on this link to jump straight to the page where you can create your signature.

Otherwise look below the forum's banner, near the top of the page, for a red link to the User Control Panel. Click on it. On that page click on the tab that says "Profile." Then on the left will be thing that says "Edit Signature," which you must click on. Then you'll be able to enter a signature.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Insand » Fri May 21, 2010 6:12 am

Thank you Ashes, for your kind comment and assistance. ( headsmack ! "User Control" right in front of me...).
In unity, survival !
Insand
Our New Friend

Postby Plasman » Sun May 23, 2010 8:59 am

Welcome!
^v^
This is indeed a polite forum (for the most part, just watch your step around the Political Arena), and I'm sure you'll get along with everyone just fine. :mrgreen:

And yes, there's a good mix of regulars and transients here, though I've never heard of them being described as "falling into a parallel universe" - oh, wait, did you mean Real Life? :P

Things are a bit slower than they used to be, what with Jenny on hiatus, but we try to keep things interesting. Stick around!
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Monocheres » Thu May 27, 2010 6:49 pm

We're all tickled to meet you, my dear old Insand.
You'll find here that newbies are quite in demand.
You're welcome to come in and join our odd band
Of fans of A-e-a-la-cre-a-tra-nand',
Who draws with such brilliant artistic command
Tales of sapient jellies and crystalline sand
And the human condition both sordid and grand
Set on trigonal reticulations of land
Held aloft in dimensions that few understand,
Save for Her who Ascended and had it all planned.

Should you notice a spammer who ought to be banned
I would be most delighted to lend you a ... hand.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Insand » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Thank You All. Apologies for tardiness. Monocheres - phew, nice !!
Plasman - maybe "crazy" is as "real" as it gets...in any universe.
I'm nervous. As you see, I may be somewhat "mis-aligned" interest-wise, skill-wise, etc.
Oh well. May be a dork, but no spam and no spork, no thoughts of fame and no risk of flame.
In unity, survival !
Insand
Our New Friend

Return to Introductions