Very late to the party

Postby lucidfox » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:47 am

Greetings, everyone!

I recently finished reading the "Tryslmaistan trilogy". Having never heard of these webcomics or their author before, ironically, I read about them on the Bad Webcomics Wiki and found them not bad, even decent. Proves that the only bad publicity is no publicity, I suppose. Sure, they're not masterpieces, and they're flawed, but - Jennifer, if you really are the kind of person your works suggest, then you probably realize the flaws yourself, and know what you'd have done differently if you were retelling these stories again.

The flaws matter not. I could speak about them, but others already did, and in any case they're not what I'm here for. I read them for the good parts, and the comics made a profound emotional impact on me. It was, like, whoa. Like feeling my brain reformatted, but in a good way.

Also, as a transwoman myself, I could identify with the LGBT characters in all three stories, and the feelings of prejudice and alienation directed towards them are all too familiar to me. I also like Jennifer's bizarre alien universes that sparkle my imagination, their detailed physics, and her optimistic, idealistic portrayal of the high-tech future - something rare these days, anyway. I get a warm feeling from reading the comics. A feeling of connection and feeling like I understand what the author meant - judging by the reviews, many of the reviewers didn't really "get" the comics the way I did.

I wonder if there are going to be more works set in the Tryslmaistan/Pastel multiverse. If there are, I'd gladly read them!
lucidfox
Welcome, New User!

Re: Very late to the party

Postby Coda » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:21 am

Welcome!

Jennifer's been writing in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic mythos lately. It's been good to see her skills at cosmology-building taking effect there.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby lucidfox » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:51 am

I know. I'm not interested in MLP at all, though.
lucidfox
Welcome, New User!

Postby Coda » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Neither am I, but I read it anyway, because Jennifer's a good writer.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby sarahj » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:01 am

judging by the reviews, many of the reviewers didn't really "get" the comics the way I did.
We are the pioneers in http://www.spanishprograms.com dumps and tutorials with spanishprograms - free online spanish lessons exam pass guarantee. Download our latest test king ccie Babbel questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in Learnamericanenglishonline
sarahj
Welcome, New User!

Return to Introductions