New here....

Postby Nirrti » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 am

Hi there. I'm Nirrti.

I chose this name because Nirrti, an old and nearly-forgotten goddess of death and destruction in Hinduism (yeah, different from Kali) rules the nakshatra (lunar house) called Mula, which contains Upsilon Scorpii, or Leschath, my favourite star. (It represents the stinger of the scorpion in Scorpio.) Although I am a Scorpio, my lunar house is actually Jyeshtha -- but we can't have everything, can we?

My interest in astrology, mind, is merely one of fascination with various belief and divination systems from around the world. I don't use it as a system of prediction, nor do I believe the stars have any control or influence on our lives.

A bit about me... I started reading PDH years ago, when it was brand new -- so, the archive tells me, it would have been in January of 2004. I originally came upon it in a link from DMFA, although I have a feeling I had heard of KiSS dolls many years ago in my preteen hunts for dressable dolls. Incidentally (and oddly), the KiSS maker has never worked for me on any computer or system.

I must admit that after a few years, I drifted away from PDH and never have completed the story. Similarly, I never had the dedication to finish Unicorn Jelly... (embarrassed sigh) though that's on my growing to do list. In other Jennifer Reitz-related things, I've read most of Transsexual.org, including Ms Reitz's biography, and I also lurk the hell out of the PoE forum on Kokoro Wish. I state this openly hoping that it will not bring any hostility, and that the members here will understand my motivations for doing so -- I simply find Ms Reitz a fascinating person, and the PoE forum is an extremely comprehensive resource for information about her.

... please don't think I'm a stalker. :)

I draw a lot, although I would stop short of applying to myself the term "artist". I also have a great love of the English language, and read far less than I should (and know far less than I should about the structure of the language itself). I'm interested in very diverse topics -- everything from mythology to neuropsychiatry to philosophy to typography to music -- and as a result am something of a dilettante, a Jack-of-all-trades who is master of none. I used to write, long ago, but these days, the task of writing is too frighteningly open-ended for someone as perfectionistic as I. I'm also a DDR addict and a big fan of the Paper Mario trilogy, as well as other "light"/easy video games (the first-generation Pokemon gameboy games, for instance).

I have a logically rigorous and scientific mind, and I consider truth to be the only conclusion worth coming to. I find debate with most people painful and boring: in my opinion, the only worthy opponent is someone who loves and respects debate as an art form, and who is willing to set axioms and agreed-upon definitions and abide by the logical soundness of an argument rather than picking on irrelevant things that don't detract from its true/false value. I'm hoping in this place I may find this kind of discourse, although I will probably lurk in far more threads than I will post.

That's all I can think of to wank -- *cough* erm, I mean, say about myself right now. Hello to everyone here -- I hope I will soon be friends with you who read this. :)
Nirrti
Welcome, New User!

Re: New here....

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 am

Welcome, Nirrti! I wish you Suumi Paivaa!
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby strange_person » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Happy birthday.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Shivers » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Welcome aboard I hope you enjoy your stay.
Shivers
Kumquat Class

Return to Introductions