a little story, just for fun

Postby Insand » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Sitting in shade by the village well, the Wanderer thought of randomness, of his many paths, of finding ruin and treasure.

"This is the wonder, and reward, of following half-hidden markers by the wayside, of steps directed by the wind."

There could be danger on seldom-trod tracks, the Unknown had no voice crying "Caution!", the Future no signpost marked "Fear!", but life had made him wary of strangers drawn too suddenly near.

Trouble or Friend ? A beguiling gift in extended hand could distact from the knife hidden behind the back, or a beaten-visaged spectre in rags could hide a spirit that knew no lack.

There were many ways to come to grief and for a journey to come to an end.

"Still, ruled by fear, a traveller would never find the sun-filled valley suddenly revealed, the shining plain before the sea, and begrudging the climb would never see from the crest of a foreign hill the far horizon anew."

That morning then, when from a stream he drank as mist rose from the land, he'd seen an unexpected path. Was that movement...a creature with a horn ?

He'd been beckoned by a flashing diamond set amidst the grey, and so events conspired again to show a Wanderer a Way.

There's two more parts, about the same size. Should I continue ? It's sort of a tribute to you know who.
In unity, survival !
Insand
Our New Friend

Re: a little story, just for fun

Postby strange_person » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 am

*Green-cloaked biped approaches the Wanderer along perpendicular road*

*raises a prehensile appendage in greeting*

(yes, please continue, the forum has been starving for lack of this sort of thing)
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Re: a little story, just for fun

Postby Insand » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Then for you, strange_person, part 2 in a new thread.
( I would have taken hold of your appendage in like greeting but, well, new land, unfamiliar customs and all that....)
In unity, survival !
Insand
Our New Friend

Return to Generic All-Purpose Forum