Same Sex Marriage passes in Washington State!

Postby RaharuAharu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 pm

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Washington-state-lawmakers-pass-gay-marriage-bill-138972754.html

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Washington state lawmakers voted to approve gay marriage Wednesday, setting the stage for the state to become the seventh in the nation to allow same-sex couples to wed.

The action comes a day after a federal appeals court declared California's ban on gay marriage unconstitutional, saying it was a violation of the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples.

The Washington House passed the bill on a 55-43 vote. The state Senate approved the measure last week. And Democratic Gov. Chris Gregoire is expected to sign the measure into law next week.

Democratic Rep. Jamie Pedersen, a gay lawmaker from Seattle who has sponsored gay rights bills in the House for several years, said that while he and his partner are grateful for the rights that exist under the state's current domestic partnership law, "domestic partnership is a pale and inadequate substitute for marriage."

Pedersen cited Tuesday's ruling by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals during his remarks on the House floor.

"The court addressed the question of why marriage matters directly," he said, and read a section from the ruling that stated "marriage is the name that society gives to the relationship that matters most between two adults."

"I would like for our four children to grow up understanding that their daddy and their poppa have made that kind of a lifelong commitment to each other," he said. "Marriage is the word that we use in our society to convey that idea."

Several Republicans argued against the bill, saying that it goes against the tradition of marriage.

Rep. Jay Rodne, R-Snoqualmie, said that the measure "severs the cultural, historical and legal underpinnings of the institution of marriage."

"This bill is really an exercise of raw political power," he said. "It contravenes human nature and it will hurt families and children."

Two Republicans crossed the aisle and voted in favor of the bill. Three Democrats voted against it. Democrats hold a 56-42 majority in the House.

Rep. Maureen Walsh, R-College Place, said that the bill was a matter of equality.

"Why in the world would we not allow those equal rights to those individuals who are truly committed to each other in life?" she asked. She noted that her daughter told her she was gay a few years ago.

"Nothing's different," she said. "She's still a fabulous human being. And some day, by God, I want to throw a wedding for that kid."

Gregoire watched from the wings with the bill's sponsor, Democratic Sen. Ed Murray of Seattle, a gay lawmaker who has spearheaded the domestic partnership and marriage push in the Legislature.

"I'm happy," Murray said after the vote. "It's a great day for families across the state. It's a great day for my family."

However, gay couples can't begin walking down the aisle just yet.

The proposal would take effect 90 days after the governor signs the measure but opponents have promised to fight gay marriage with a ballot measure that would allow voters to overturn the legislative approval.

If opponents gather enough signatures to take their fight to the ballot box, the law would be put on hold pending the outcome of a November election.

Otherwise gay couples could wed starting in June.

Washington state has had domestic partnership laws since 2007, and more than a dozen other states have provisions, ranging from civil unions to gay marriage, supporting same-sex couples.

Gay marriage is legal in New York, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Washington D.C.

Lawmakers in New Jersey are expected to vote on gay marriage next week, and Maine could see a gay marriage proposal on the November ballot.

Proposed amendments to ban gay marriage will be on the ballots in North Carolina in May and in Minnesota in November.

A three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit ruled against California's voter-approved same-sex marriage ban, known as Proposition 8.

The panel gave gay marriage opponents time to appeal the 2-1 decision before ordering the state to allow same-sex weddings to resume. The judges also said the decision only applies to California, even though the court has jurisdiction in nine western states.

Lawyers for the coalition of conservative religious groups that sponsored Proposition 8 said they have not decided if they will seek a new 9th Circuit hearing or file an appeal directly to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Washington state's momentum for same-sex marriage has been building and the debate has changed significantly since 1998, when lawmakers passed Washington's Defense of Marriage Act banning gay marriage. The constitutionality of that law ultimately was upheld by the state Supreme Court in 2006. But earlier that year, a gay civil rights measure passed after nearly 30 years of failure, signaling a change in the Legislature.

The quick progression of domestic partnership laws in the state came soon after, with a domestic partnership law in 2007, and two years of expansion that culminated in 2009 with "everything but marriage" expansion that was upheld by voters.

In October, a University of Washington poll found that an increasing number of people in the state support same-sex marriage. About 43 percent of respondents said they support gay marriage, up from 30 percent in the same poll five years earlier. Another 22 percent said they support giving identical rights to gay couples, without calling the unions "marriage."

If a challenge to gay marriage law was on the ballot, 55 percent said they would vote to uphold the law. And 38 percent said they would vote to reject a gay marriage law.

The gay marriage bill also has the backing of several prominent Pacific Northwest businesses, including Microsoft, Nike and Starbucks.
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Re: Same Sex Marriage passes in Washington State!

Postby Shivers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:03 am

The year was 1999. Prince ali was at college in Northern Canada, studying to get his degree and major in Philosophy with a minor in theater arts. It was a all male college, with no females. Prince ali and larfleeze one day were walking from the parking lot back to the oncampus dorms prince ali attends. A College campus Police stops the two.

"Excuse me miss, did u know this college is a All boy college?" The campus police said to Larfleeze.
"I am male, actuallY!" Larfleeze says. Larfleeze is quickly tackled and handcuffed, and taken to the police station. There they run his finger prints, discover his criminal record and realize he is indeed male, just hella looks like female. He is released.

Meanwhile, at the college dorms, Prince ali is getting ready for a shower. He gets completly nude. His room mate jake walks in through the door.

"Oh my!" Jake says as he sees completly nude prince ali standing there, with his hands on his hips. "Thats okay, dont worry about it. I was just getting ready to take a shower, etc." prince ali explains, then goes into the bathroom. Jake sits down on the couch, he does not know why but he is now strangley feeling puzzled and has emtoiosn running through head, simply.

Theres a knock at the door. Jake goes and awners it. Its a pizza delivery guy! He is holding a huge pizza. "I didnt order pizza." Jake says, in a confuse type manner. Prince ali bursts out of the bathroom, wearing just a toll wrapped around him. He goes over to get the pizza.
"That will be 39.99 American dollars." He says. Prince ali hands him the money. the pizza guy counts it out.
"Hey, you appear to be one dollar short." pizza man says.
"Oh noes....well perhaps you accept....some kind of other.....currency." Prince ali says, with a devlish smile on his face. Prince ali then drops his towel to the floor. The pizza man looks down at the hanging apendex and his wides grow wide and his mouth drops wide open in astonishment! "Whoa..what??" Jake says.
The pizza man quickly grabs ali and turns him around and unzips his fly and slams his hard boner directly into prince ali anus .
"WHats going on here??!!" Jake says, hella confuse. A couple jocks walking by seem to notice the commation through prince alis open door from in the hallway. After the pizza guy finishes up he takes his 38.99 money and leaves.
"You want some pizza jake?" prince ali says.
"nah, im cool on that." Jake says, tightly clutching his butt cheeks together and then runs into his room.

Thursday, 1999.

Jake wakes up early in the morning, at 6:06 Am. Not fully comprehending what had transpired the night before. He had numerous nightmares involveing a pizza man breaking down the door with a gun and then six prince alis bent over and black men running into the room, and other abstract horrifiiedying things of that nature very,
Jake head to his philosopical economonics class. He takes his seat in the normal average sitting area for him.
Theres two guys sitting next to him, he over hears the conversation.

"Are u going to the homosexuality male party tonight?" One guy says
"hella accurate, I heard prince ali is going to be there too" The other responds.
"Whoa whoa waht?!" Jake interreuipts and says. "Prince ali is my room mate, what is going on etc?" Jake asks, hella confuse at this particular point in time.

"Excuse me gentleman, but we are in the middle of class, please stop talking or I will ask u to leave to classroom.
"Im going to ask UR MOM to leave the class room." One of the angry guy says, he then slaps his books off the table and stands up.
"Thats it! Your outta here!" The proffessor says. "UR MOM IS OUT OF HER!!!" the guy screams then sprints and tackles the proffesor. He then begins bashing the proffersors head in with a book he grabs off a girls desk. he is quickly arrested and expelled. He is dragged out of the class by college campus police.
The proffesor gets up and dusts himself off. "Kids these days..." He says, then rolls his eyes. He then resumes teaching class.

jake is walking back to his dorm room, still wondering about what party those guys were talking about, he then sees hundreds of guys at his dorm rooM!

"What the blatant?" Jake says, hella confuse.

"WOOO HOOO!" prince ali screams, compelty nude. A nude guy wearing nothing but a cowboy hat runs up, with a bottle of jack daneils in his hand. He takes a huge swig.

"OoOoO, ride em cowboy!" Prince ali says.
"Dont mind if i do!" The cowboy says, then quickly penetrates.

"enough is enough!!!!" Jake screams, he quickly tacles the guy in the cowboy hat knocking him off of the bent over prince ali then quickly proceeds to hella punch him numerous times directly in the forehead then grabs the guys bottle of jack daniels then quickly starts chugging and drinks the rest of the bottle then smashes the glass bottle over the fools head, a homosexual male leaps onto jakes back but he quickly hurls the guy off and over his head, then he jumps onto a table then jumps off the table jump kicking a man directly in the forehead, knocking the guy out cold instantly, then quickly jake does a barrel roll and grabs one of the pool table sticks off the pool table and starts hitting a few fools with it then smashes it breaking it over a guys head, 6 guys then tackle jake and beat him uncouncoeus, then then hurl him out the secound story window and he falls and lands into some bushes and does not wake up untill the next day

The next day, jake wakes up groggy, hella disorient. He stands up and brushes himself off, then looks at his watch.
"Oh dear!" he screams, then sprints to his class, only barely makeing it in tiem. he walks into class completly winded and breathing heavy.

Jake returns to his dorm. He sees prince ali.
"What u did last night....was a little uncool etc." prince ali says.
"Yeah, I know. Its just that, I hate seeing u get taken advantage of like that when ur drunk." Jake explains, then lets out a sigh.
"Oh, so u were like, trying to be my knight in shiney armour then, eh?" Prince ali says, with a raised eyebrow.
'Well I wouldnt exactly put it liek that..." jake says.
Prince ali scoots closey to him on the couch, lightly placeing his hand on jakes leg.
"You were trying to protect me from the bad, bad men." prince ali says, in a hushed voice and he leans his face closer to Jake. Prince ali then leans in and kisses Jake on the lips, ever so delicate.

Jake sits there, simply frozen for a moment, motionless, then his eyes open back up and he grabs prince ali by the showers and hurls prince ali off of the couch, prince ali hits the floor and rolls a couple times, Jake leaps to his feet, "NOOOOOOOO!!!" jake screams and sprints out of the room and runs down the steps and simply keeps sprinting.

He then goes and walks to the on-campus bar. He goes and sits on a stool. "Bourbon, simply." he says to the bar tender. The bar tender hands him a glass and pours it.
"rough day?" the guy sitting nex to him says.
"Had a crazy day today, blatantly. You would never believe the kind of day I had." Jake explains.
"Oh? I seen quite a few crazy days in my day, so try me." The man says.
"My room mate kissed me today in an attempt to have homosex with me. I had to throw him off the couch and get out of there." jake explains.
"Same exact thing happened to me too a few days ago. Same exact damn thing." The man explains.
Jake then orders a corona beer from the bar tender.
"Coronas are rather blatant." The man say.
"Accurate. They are pretty good." Jake responds, then simply starts chugging the corona.
"Hey, u know, how about we just skip this small talk, go back my room, and have ourselfs some homosex, what u say?" The man says.
Jakes eyes grow wide.

"SIMPLY AHHHHHHHHHH!" Jake screams, and then quickly smashes his beer bottle over the mans head, shatterimng the bottle, then leaps off of the bar stool and sprints out of the bar.

He walks back to his room that night. He walks in, sees prince ali.
"hey man, I wanna apologize about what happened earlier man..."
"No problem." jake says as he keeps walking and goes straight to his room and hops into bed, completly skipping that awkward conversation entirely.

During the middle of the night, Jake is awakened by some strang sounds coeming out of prince alis room.He is hearing the bed rocking back and forth violently, bed squeeking, and prince ali going, "Oh god! oh god! oh god!"
"Jeeze lawheeze." Jake says, and puts a pillow over his head to try and drownd out the sound.

The next day Jake wakes up and goes to the kitchen table, he sees prince ali and a homosexuality male sitting at the table, eating.

"I couldnt help but hear you two last night. Sounds like things were getting a little freaky freaky." Jake explains.
"Hella lol." Prince ali expalins.
Jake looks over at the homosexuality male.
"So, are you treating Prince ali right?" Jake asks, in a stern voice.
Prince ali rolls his eyes. The homosexuality male says,
"Oh jeeze, I thought I was long past the stage where I have to have the stern talk with the girls dad."
"Wait, what? You used to be straight?" Jake asks, hella confuse.
"Yeah, I didnt even know I was homosex untill a year ago, when My penis entered a homosexual males anus. Before that, I was straight. Dated girls. I was even liveing with a woman and engaged to her. We were going to get married, but then one night she came home from work and caught me butt fucking a homosexual male. She instantly called off the engagement and dumped me after that. And I was so busy haveing homosex that I didnt try to win her back and havent date any other females since. It took me 39 years to realize it, but today I can plainly tell you, that I am indeed a homosexality male." The homosexuality male says.

"hella odd...." Jake says.
"Not really. it fairly common." The homosexuality male says.

The next few months seem to fly by, with not much enteresting things occuring. Jake seems to have forgotten all about that kiss he and prince ali had....untill one day...

Saturday, 1999

Jake had a hard couple days recently so he goes to the on-campus liqour store and buys himself a bottle of jack daniels. he goes back to his room, and simply starts doing shots, become hella intoxicate.

Prince ali comes back to the room.

"Somebodys getting hella shit faced upppp in hurrrrrr. Mind if I do a J?" Prince ali says, pulling a J out of his breast pocket and lights it up.

Prince ali then pops in a dvd into the table.
"What is that u just put in?" Jake says.
"A really good dvd. Its call, Sex and the city. I love this show." Prince ali explains.
"Never watched it before." jake says. Prince ali and Jake are sitting on the couch, watching sex and the city. Jake has a nice buzz on from the J.D , Jake looks at prince, then back at the tv. Prince ali looks at jake, then back at the tv. Jake then looks back at Prince ali. Prince ali looks at Jake. Prince ali leans in and starts kissing Jake. Jake doesnt move, but then starts kissing Prince ali back, but then pulls away, "No, I cant."
"Shhh shh, Its okay." prince ali says.
"No, its wrong." Jake says.
"Its okay, its okay." prince ali says, grabbhing jake and kissing him passionately.
"Its okay" Prince ali whispers.
"Its wrong." Jake explains.
"if our love is wrong, then I dont want to be right." Prince ali says, seductively.
Jake then flips prince ali over onto his back onto the couch. Jake slowly pulls off prince alis shorts and boxers. Jake unzips his fly, His large boner comeing out. he quickly penetrates.
"Oooo!" prince ali screams in pure pleasure and ecstasy.
Jake thrusts deeper, thrusts again, and again, then stars thrusting very quickly and violently
"Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god." Prince ali screams.
"OOoOoOooo!!" Jake says, as he ejaculates larges amount of semen into prince ali anus. The semen is oozeing and dripping out. Jack then rolls over onto his back passing out instantly and starts snoreing.

The next morning when Jake wakes up, it is hella ackward. He and prince ali go about their day but dont really talk about what happened. Untill later that night.
"So, are we going to talk about last night?" Prince ali asks.
"It was just sex, thats all. No big deal. Lets forget about it." jake says flatly.
"Is that all it was to u?" Prince ali says.
"Look, your the one who is constantly haveing one night stands with guys all the time, so why now all of a sudden are u getting clingy." Jake says.
"Because, I thought it was more then that." Prince ali says.
Prince ali then notices Jakes boner popping up in Jakes sweat pants.
"I...I dont knoww whats happening."
"Your horney, thats what happening. Here...allow me to fix that for u..." prince ali says, then gets on his hands and knees and removes his shorts and boxers.

Prince ali and jake then become a exclusive couple. They have sex everyday, and agree to only see and date each other, in commited relationship.

The semesters go by, Prince ali and Jake both graduate and get their diplomas.
'Well, now that college is over and we are graduateing, it looks like we have to move out of the college dorms." Prince ali says.
"yeah I guess so. Im moveing back to where I was born, the USA. To get back on my feet." jake says.
"But u will come back for me?" Prince ali asks.
"yes, one day, I will return back to Northern Canada, and we will be together again." And with that, Jake leaves, and returns states-side.

But that day never comes. Jake remains in the usa, meets a woman, dates, gets married, and then has two beaitufull loveing children. Jake seems to have the perfect, story book life.
Untill....

One night, Jake is sitting on the couch, watching tv. His wife is at work, and his two young children are in their bed rooms, sleeping.
Jake hears a a knock at the door.
jake opens the door. His eyes grow wide as he is simply stunned to see the person standing in front of him.
"prince ali?!?!?" he says, hella surpised.
"How did u get here?"
"I followed you Jake. You lied to me Jake. You told me u were going to come back for me, but u never came." prince ali says, then pushes past Jake and goes inside.
"Jake you cant be here! I am married now, and I have two kids who are in their rooms sleeping for christ sake" Jake says.
"Oh, so what am I suppose to do, huh? You just went and forgot all about me then?" Prince ali says.
"Im sorry Ali, but I must have been cured of my homosexuality or something, because I met a woman and we got married and I havent had sex with any guys...since I had it with u..." Jake says.
"I miss those days...of me and u..." Prince ali says.
"I...I miss them too. But I cant do this."
Prince ali grabs jake.
"Yes.....u....can..." Prince ali whispers, and then passionately starts kissing Jake.
jake pushes ali to the ground. He then flips Prince ali over, and rips off his shorts.
He gets on top, and they start haveing passionate homosex.

Jakes wife walks in through the front door.

She sees Jake haveing sex with Prince ali, and she gasps.
"Oh my god!" She says.
"Honey, this isnt what it looks like." Jake says, and quickly gets up and pulls up his pants.
"I had no idea you were gay..." She says.
"I am straight. Honey, I am Straight." Jake says. She quickly pushes past him.
"Im getting the kids. We are leaveing.
"Wait, just listen to me for a secound."
"No! I am leaveing you!"

Jakes wife goes into their sons bedroom, and wakes up her son.
"Wake up, me you and ur sister were leaveing right now okay. We are going to stay with ur grandma for a while." She says.
Jake goes into his room and pulls his pistol out of the night stand by the bed.
He goes out and catches his wife before she makes it to their daughters room. She sees the gun in his hand.
"What are u doing jake!" She says.
"Your not takeing my son away from me." jake says, then shoots his wife directly in the forehead, killing her, as she stands right next to his son.
"MOMMMY!!!!! NOOOO!!!" Jakes son screams. Jake sprints and catches and tackles Prince ali to the ground, and pistol whips prince ali.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT PRINCE ALI!!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! YOU MADE ME DO THISSS!!!!!!!! YOU MOTHER FUCKERRRRR!!!!!" Jake screams, and pistol whips prince ali again.

Jakes daughter in her rooms wakes up from the gunshot and her brother screaming. She hears her dad screaming now. She pulls out his cell phone from her nightstand and dials 911.

"911, whats ur emergency?" The dispatcher says.
'I think my daddy hurt my mommy." the young girl says.

Numerous police cars race towards jakes house and Converge.
Jake hears the sirens and sees the flashing lights through his window. he walks outside and sees cops

Jake sees two cops getting out of this cars. Jake waves the gun at them
"GET OUT OF HERE YOU MOTHER FUCKERSSS!" He screams, the cops quickly duck down and go around behind their police cruisers and draw their weapons, jake quickly runs back inside before they fire and locks the door.
"I SWEAR ILL KILL HIM! IF YOU COME IN HERE ILL KILL HIM!" Jake screams, holding the gun on Prince ali.

The phone rings.

"hello, My name is tom. I am with the sherriffs office."
"TELL THOSE COPS NOT TO COME IN HERE OR ILL BLOW PRINCE ALIS HEAD OFF!" jake screams.
"Listen, no one is comeing inside there right now. I just want to talk to you, and try to end this thing without anyone getting hurt. You said Prince ali is in there? Is anyone else in the house with you?" Tom says.
"Prince ali, my son, my daughter, and....*lets out a cry* and my wife...." Jake says.
"listen, is ur wife hurt right now?" Tom asks.
"I messed up man, I really messed up." Jake says, as he is crying,
"Do you think you could let your wife out, Jake? So that we could get her into the ambulance and take her to the hospital? If she is hurt then we are going to need to get her medical treatment as fast as we can so that she will be okay." Tom says.
"Thats not going to happen tom...thats not going to happen....shes dead man...I killed her." Jake says.
"You killed her" Tom asks.
"yes."
"Okay, how about ur kids then jake. You dont want anything to happen to your kids right? You love your kids right." Tom says.
"I would do anything for my kids." Jake says.
"Okay, then about you just sent out ur kids for now, okay? Then we can talk some later about the other hostage and you comeing out." Tom says.

"Fine, ill let them out." Jake says.

The front door slowly opens. Jakes Son and daughter slowly walk out.
"PUT YOUR HANDS UP, YOUR HAND UP!!!!" The police scream, their guns pointed at the kids. The kids are completly terrfied. There is tons of lights shineing in their eyes and a helicopter flying by overhead. The kids put up their hands.
"COME TOWARDS MY VOICE!" a cop screams. They walk towards the cops away from the house. The two kids are thrown onto the ground and handcuffed and shoved into the back of a police car.

The phone inside the house rings.
"Hello, this is Jack with the police department." He says.
"Where is Tom??" Jake says.
"Tom went on a break. Your going to talk to me now." He says.
"I ONLY WANT TO TALK TO TOM!" Jake screams, then hangs up. He then looks up at Prince Ali. He points the gun at him again.
"I am straight prince ali" Jake
"okay, ur straight. I beleive u." prince ali says.
"I AM STRAIGHT!!!!" Jake screams, then blast prince ali three times in the forehead, killing him

"SEND THEM IN!!!!" THE sheriff screams. A swat team breaks down the door. Jake puts his hands up. He is quickly handcuffed and arrested.

He is found guilty of all charges and is sentenced to life in prison without the chance of parole.
Shivers
Kumquat Class

Return to Generic All-Purpose Forum