<crickets>

Postby Zygote Jr. » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:47 pm

...is this it, then? Must I limp off to some other forum for my entertainment, perhaps a gun-lovers' forum to troll? GIVE ME A SIGN!!!
Zygote Jr.
100 Post Little Master

Re: <crickets>

Postby Coda » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 am

I'm still here, lurking, checking for new posts every time I check my webcomics. It's in the same bookmark folder, specifically for the case of never knowing when there's going to be a new post made.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby RaharuAharu » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:29 pm

I check in about 3 times a week.

Hmm perhaps we should try to revitalize the forums.

Post interesting news stories, on science and fictions.
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Lead Salad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:24 pm

I check this place from time to time hoping for some cool new stuff. There usually isn't anything. It's too bad this forum basically died. Back some ten years ago on one of the old forums, I'd check it about once a day and post fairly often.

Now you've got me thinking about the first time I discovered UJ and the effect it had on me. It was around summer of 2001. I had previously read some of JDR's websites in '99 about gender stuff and video games/computers and found them informative. So one day I was thinking about it and decided to check up on JDR and found UJ. There was something about it, you know? I couldn't quite describe it at the time - still can't do it justice if I were to describe it today other than to say it was new/different/interesting/looked like a video game with the cool pixel art, cool science stuff etc. Then that evening around midnight there was an update and I was hooked.

I think the update was right after the pause in updates where JDR and "the muse" had a falling out, then a reconciliation. Woah! At least I think it was. If you go back and check, you will see the gap.

June 1st 2001 http://unicornjelly.com/uni184.html
June 11th 2001 http://unicornjelly.com/uni185.html

So that means I discovered UJ on the evening of June 11th 2001 and only had to wait a little bit to see the update at or around midnight on June 12th. How's that for awesome? And then I only had to wait until midnight over the next several days/weeks for each update. It was really awesome! Thanks JDR!
Lead Salad
Our New Friend

Postby eris » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:49 am

I check in from time to time as well. I guess I keep hoping Jennifer will come back and start doing comic and SF stories again, but from what I can tell the MLP stories are the only thing she's done in years and I'm afraid I'm just not into MLP.
Eris

/* TODO: Think of a witty comment to sign with. Maybe a Stephen Wright joke? */
eris
Welcome, New User!

Postby Coda » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm not into MLP either. I read her stories on their own merits. She does a REALLY good job of making sure that her work can stand alone -- never once have I felt that the fact that I haven't seen the series has impacted my ability to understand the story. Part of it is that she puts effort into not leaning on canon characters (and that, in part, because it means that differing interpretations of the canon characters won't influence the story).
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby vernes » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:33 am

Her writing got me into other mlp fanfic.
So there's that.
vernes
Our New Pal Can Write!

Return to Generic All-Purpose Forum