Talcryl Symbols for the Forum

Where you can suggest changes to the Unicorn Jelly Forums.

Talcryl Symbols for the Forum

Postby Plasman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 am

Okay folks, today I had an idea (perhaps two stray brain cells collided, it happens sometimes). :P

I'm sure long term readers of Jennifer's comics know of the "special" Talcryl symbols she created for swear words, two of which feature in this strip. (If you don't understand what they mean, have a closer look at them, and also look for the others included in Unicorn Jelly. :D )

What I'd like to know is: Why aren't they included as smilies in the forum? I'm a little surprised they aren't already!
It wouldn't be hard to do, since the existing stickers and smilies are just dressed up typographical characters. You'd just need to associate each swearword's text with its equivalent Talcryl symbol.

It would be fun to see what happens when someone types in the word "$h!t" and sees their word transformed into a symbol meaning, well, "$h!t". I thought they were funny once I understood what they really meant, at least, and it would be an extra surprise for the new forumites who hadn't yet worked it out. :?

But most of all, think of what it would do to the Political Forum. When things get overheated, and the F-bombs start flying, people's posts will suddenly be filled with all sorts of weird symbols, and who could take that so seriously? :mrgreen:

Anyway, just a thought, not a demand... Seeya!
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to Forum Suggestions