Chapter 11 - Around The World

The illustrated novel by Sandi and Jennifer

Chapter 11 - Around The World

Postby Sparksol » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:42 am

I am amused at Psycho Butcher II's use in chapter 11 there. A moviegame being used as a normal computer interface? Quite adaptable, and I thought it was a successful humor addition.

In regards to the chapter 10 bit, I'm usually silent. And often absent. And probably a bad sounding board for stories, games, or ideas, as I accept almost anything. (I actually finished that atari 2600 E.T. game those however many years ago.) But I'll still actually say if I dislike something, or if I like it, provided anyone can get me to think up my opinion and let others know about it.

!!!
"Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way."

- strange_person
Sparksol
100 Post Little Master

Re: Chapter 11 - Around The World

Postby InterNutter » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:39 pm

I got the feeling that this chapter glossed over a lot, but I'm not exactly certain I want sordid details either. There's a fine line between keeping the story rolling and zipping past potential plot points. Likewise, there's a fine line between fascinating details and bogging the story down with minutiae.

Don't ask me where they are, I'm still looking, too :D

Atmospherically speaking, I do know that there's too much of a good thing. Too much oxygen on a hot planet and things can spontaneously combust. Heck, too much atmosphere can also be trouble.

Might I suggest tying some of the elements into -ah- more solid compounds? For instance, one could tie down carbon with excess oxygen [not a problem yet] or excess water in extended carbohydrate chains. If you let the nanobugs loose in the air, they could make it precipitate.

Just the idea of making it rain sugar and starch appeals to me, somehow :D Call me warped.

...I'm blowed if I can think of a harmless sulphur compound, though...
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie...
InterNutter
Kumquat Class Sensei

Re: Chapter 11 - Around The World

Postby strange_person » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:48 am

I'd like to point out that fuel is not the same thing as propellant. Technically, the sunlight on the solar collectors is the fuel, whereas the ice itself is reaction mass.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Return to The Ishtar Crisis