When is a PDH book due?

Can a lowly neoplastic doll save the universe?

When is a PDH book due?

Postby marinschild » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:56 pm

I was wondering when a Pastel Defender book would be out for sale. I would love to have it sitting next to my copy of Unicorn Jelly (which I truly love with my entire being).

(^^>
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Re: When is a PDH book due?

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:36 am

I am trying to get Stephen to help... I cannot do it alone. He knows how to use the software, and how to make it work on Lulu. It's a little beyond me. But he is having a hard time at work right now, so... it may take a bit. But there will be a book, if it is possible to do.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby marinschild » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:36 am

Yay, I got a reply from leader. I would love for there to be a Pastel Defender book, and I'll wait however long it takes.

I do hope that things do get better for Stephen's work situation. I'll be wishing both of you the best.
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby angelkitty21 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:42 pm

..did somebody call an impositionist? :mrgreen:

I do have Adobe Indesign, but I'm not sure about the time. Not because of work (still part time :? ), but because I'm getting married in September (.. yeah I've been away for a while :sweatbead: )

Then again, I do desperately need to fill my portfolio with something substantial. And just plain do something with my degree-I-haven't-even-framed. :pout: I just don't want to be a jackass and cop out on you guys if things are busy. I can certainly try to help.

How far is the project?
angelkitty21
Welcome, New User!

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:18 pm

*pokes angelkitty*
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby angelkitty21 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:52 am

Wizard CaT wrote:*pokes angelkitty*

*pokes back*
angelkitty21
Welcome, New User!

Postby Anna » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:27 pm

angelkitty21 wrote:
I do have Adobe Indesign, but I'm not sure about the time. Not because of work (still part time :? ), but because I'm getting married in September (.. yeah I've been away for a while :sweatbead: )

Then again, I do desperately need to fill my portfolio with something substantial. And just plain do something with my degree-I-haven't-even-framed. :pout: I just don't want to be a jackass and cop out on you guys if things are busy. I can certainly try to help.

How far is the project?

Hi, just my opinions about the PDH book.
Well, what I think is that is more important to get a good software for creating a high resolution PDF.
And it must handle a lot over 200 pages with 300dpi in CMYK colour.
Lulu.com needs PDF's.
I believe that there is no other way that PDH has to be split in 2 or better even more parts.
I really would think it twice if I had to pay over 50 Euro or more for a (wonderfull) comic book.
Don't forget, for each comic page there's a footnote, and some of it are huge, I fear it could get more than 400 pages with all the related stuff. The UJ-book was also made like this.
Hm, 3 or 4 parts maybe would cost together the same, or more, but I know I could buy it when I'm able to pay for it, even if it would need a year to collect all the parts/volumes.
If it is a success, then they can think about a "premium edition". :lol:

One thing I'd notice inside the UJ book was, that some parts of the comics weren't sharp, like a low resolution picture, that wasn't in the old first print.
What did go wrong is a miracle for me, because the rest of the book had a real good quality.
Did they simply used the graphics directly from the website, by mis-"take"? Could be an explanation.

(Stephen should still have the QuarXpress 5.1, I sended it to him a year ago, because I have now the german version of it.)
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Return to Pastel Defender Heliotrope