#229-231 - Conclusion

Can a lowly neoplastic doll save the universe?

Re: #229-231 - Conclusion

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 pm

draque wrote:One question that has still not been answered is why the ascended unity helped in the fashion that they did. Clearly they're looking at this from outside a perspective of time as we experience it, so they wouldn't have to worry about a long shot chance and crossing their fingers.

The very nature of Kit meant that, given enough time, they would feed/link into all cosmos. Lets just say they could never get into Tryst without blowing it up. If they consume all of Mundis, well Tryst might be safe, but the Acended would be gone.

Hey did she ever say what caused the Multiversal rain?
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Tychomonger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:24 pm

No! And you said you would, Jenny! Hmm, I'm also starting to think there is more PDH to come, in some form or another...
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Wizard CaT wrote:Lets just say they could never get into Tryst without blowing it up.

Why should we say this? We saw that they consumed at least one splay of Tryst successfully. Anyhow, my main question is not why Ktlikitkaktl was handled, but why it was allowed to live. Even if killing is against the moral code of the ascended unity, it would be a simple thing to just prevent Ktlikitkaktl from ever having been created. If you're able to modify timelines, a closed causality loop would be very delicate. It would be something that you would have to carefully build and maintain. For the unity to do that, there would have to be some serious motivation, and even when Jen doesn't answer all the questions in her stories... I've never encountered a question of any significance that she was unable to answer about her universes. Although whether she's willing to reveal that point now or later is something we'll have to wait to see.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 pm

Wizard CaT wrote:Hey did she ever say what caused the Multiversal rain?

Hey, yeah! Wasn't there supposed to something upcoming about how the divots are actually copied, sort of, rather than ever physically being removed from Mundis/etc.?

Now I'm wondering :oops: Maybe that's for To Save Her? Or was there something we missed in the uber-meta cosmos map thingy?
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Wizard CaT » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:29 pm

draque wrote:
Wizard CaT wrote:Lets just say they could never get into Tryst without blowing it up.

Why should we say this?

Because even if Tryst was immune from them, and people thought the Ascended were safe, if Mundis was completely eaten, they would never have gotten to Tryst. And if Tryst -was- eaten, well then they would get wiped out anyway. Self preservation. As to why they let it live, Jennifer said they programed choice into their weapons because, being human, they felt Genocide was evil.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:17 pm

I think at one point Jen explained that separate universes were somehow immune from causality that sprung from other universes... which is to say Ktlikitkaktl would continue to exist even if Tryst were completely destroyed... unfortunately I can't remember any kind of ref for that. Anyone else remember anything of that nature?
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Tychomonger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Yes, Jennifer has said that that even if Ktlikitkaktl were completely destroyed, its footprint left in the sand of Tryslmaistan would still exist.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:00 pm

That's part of what makes me think there's an exoversal time axis. Makes things like this easier to get my head around.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Wizard CaT » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:16 pm

But then why would it matter that Kaye's current adventures are reducing Stormfall splays?
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Previous

Return to Pastel Defender Heliotrope