Secret Origin of the Worldplates?

Can a lowly neoplastic doll save the universe?

Secret Origin of the Worldplates?

Postby Skatche » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:34 pm

So I had this dream a couple nights ago. It started out with a scene of two rather disheveled soldiers in their bunker, stripped to their undershirts and playing some sort of beer-drinking game.

It soon became apparent that the war they were fighting in was an interuniversal war, and they rode mech suits of some sort - much like what Aoi and Nakimono rode on their forays into other worlds.

The universe where they were fighting had a rather interesting topology and non-Euclidean geometry. It was infinite space pervaded by a network of vast purplish "tubes", populated by indigenous flora and fauna which were held to the surfaces of the tubes by a gravity-equivalent force. The tubes were hollow: if you dug deep enough you would eventually come out on the inner surface. Here was the weird part: from the way space was folded and warped, there was in fact infinite space contained inside any finite length of tube, and what had been the "inner" surface now appeared as the "outer" surface of a tube, populated by much the same flora and fauna. (In truth, therefore, the distinction between "inner" and "outer" was entirely meaningless.)

The interesting part was that, out of these enormous transuniversal tubes, someone or something had cut out vast rectangular swaths.

Pastellian worldplates, anyone?
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Re: Secret Origin of the Worldplates?

Postby Iustinus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 pm

You know, that does seem very Jenniferesque...
Iustinus
Our New Friend

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:09 am

I wish I had more dreams like that. That was a fantastic dream. Have a cake;
It's short for Nicole.
Nick
Apple Class

Postby mrsheel4 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:42 am

The rectilands are all pretty flat. No mountains for water to run down. Not even any hills to speak of, really. I would think any such would have eroded long ago from the constant wind.
Unlock the key of your success by Test-king.com - itil certification and testking.By using our latest Testking Six Sigma Certification and study material, you can easily pass fnu.edu Your Exams.
mrsheel4
Welcome, New User!

Return to Pastel Defender Heliotrope