Height Reduction

Discussion Of All Things Jenniversal (http://jenniverse.com)

Height Reduction

Postby GwenLA28 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Does anyone know of a doctor that preforms such a operation. I am 6'0 and I hate it. I would like to be 5'2 and petie :D :D :D .
GwenLA28
Our New Friend

Re: Height Reduction

Postby SvZurich » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:21 pm

I don't think any doctors have tried it. Height increasing surgery leads to super brittle bones, and never heard of the reverse being performed.
SvZurich
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Postby SilverFeathers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:23 pm

GwenLA28 wrote:Does anyone know of a doctor that preforms such a operation. I am 6'0 and I hate it. I would like to be 5'2 and petie :D :D :D .

A friend can do this for you, but it involves a hacksaw and a lot of alcohol. And duct tape. :twisted:
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby SvZurich » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Hooray for friends! :D ;)
SvZurich
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Postby overblue » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:47 pm

I like both short and tall women and men (I'm about five foot nine). The woman that use to be our neighbour is kind of short. One of the janitors at my therapist's office is really short. He is cute too even if he is a little young for my tastes. The guy that is usally the cashier at the liquor store over there is tall. I think I like my height.
overblue
Ready For Fruit School

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:29 pm

That kinda think isn't legal. At least in the U.S.A.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:52 am

I haven't heard of such a surgery, though I'm not the most informed and well studied person on such things.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'11 and so's Jennifer, and every once in a while I see women in public taller than me (both here in Washington and in Texas... oddly I swear it was more common in Texas though, I blame the limited ethnic diversity). Women who seem very definitely- though I'm not saying you can always tell :) - to have been born that way.

Just sayin'.

I think Silverfeather's method may also call for a wheelchair and a newfound affinity for long robes (or skirts, depending on how well you do it... or maybe those baggy red Japanese shrine pants).
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Idiot Glee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:01 am

I'm 5' 7" and the tallest person in my family. (By about 1-3 inches in most cases, though my aunt is only 4' 11")

Why am I taller than them? Because my nuclear family (mum, dad, and sis) is middle class; and, during the time my parents generation was growing up they were urban poor and malnourished. Height is a sign of health and wealth, do take that into account before you rent a Dremel tool.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Alikat » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:10 am

The best way to feel beautiful is to turn your perceived liabilities into assets. Stand as tall and erect and proud as you can, wear the highest-heeled boots they'll sell to you, and make it look like you take pride in being statuesque. There is nothing more striking-looking than a tall elegant woman in hot-looking boots, baby!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Idiot Glee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:18 am

Alikat wrote:The best way to feel beautiful is to turn your perceived liabilities into assets. Stand as tall and erect and proud as you can, wear the highest-heeled boots they'll sell to you, and make it look like you take pride in being statuesque. There is nothing more striking-looking than a tall elegant woman in hot-looking boots, baby!

Wow, once again you waltz in a thread and say what everyone else is trying to say in a stunningly concise way, and with an erotic undercurrent. O.O W!!
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Relee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:16 am

I've heard of surgery done like that, but not to that extent. There are some operations done where they remove part of your leg bones and connect the two disjointed bits with a brace untill they re-set. You can loose an inch or two that way, but that's all, and that's only in the legs.

When you're tall, you're pretty much stuck tall.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Anna » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:24 am

I've never heard about such surgery.
And I wouldn't do it.
I can only imaging how it would work
Cut bones from the legs, the body symetry would go and your body would look larger than before.
Aren't legs a beauty sign for women?
Inside the body, yes, do something at the spin, be happy with your new wheelchair, for a full function of all body organs, arms and legs,... - NO, never!

I'm 1 meter 93 cm tall, nearly 2 meters.
I'm also in the same situation.
And, I can't controll what I eat, it's difficult, if I'm "thin" it's easier to find something for dress.

Gwen, you should ask yourself what you can do with your body
Are you really only unsatiesfied with your heigth, or is there more?
For example...
My only wish is to get more hair on my head, but that's like a cure for could, it will never ever happened, and I don't believe anymore to these idiotic Pope's of modern genetic.
And the result is, I need a wig, but a big one, my head is to big, (sadly not my brain :P )
There exist a surgery for the voice, there exist a surgery for the face to remove the male marks on your skull.

But I would never damage, destroy my spin or my legs, (which are indeed a little bit shorter than normal - that helped me with trousers :wink: ).
This risk is too high, maybe in 100 years, but even then, no way...
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Locke » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 pm

God damn you tall people. Shut up and enjoy being able to reach the top shelf without a stepstool.

Jesus Christ.

Also, even if you got your legs shortened, your torso and arms would remain the same, so you'd look funny and out of proportion.
(ల_ల)
Locke
Our New Friend

Postby Sparksol » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:38 am

With the proper slouching posture, you can look from 4 to 6 inches shorter, without looking like you're slouching!

Of course, you back will try and murder you after about five years, but that's the kind of price one pays. Or not.
"Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way."

- strange_person
Sparksol
100 Post Little Master

Postby Relee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 am

It's better to be short than tall. A short person can always get a tool to help them up, but I'll never be able to crawl under my bed and make a fort again!
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Alfador » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:51 am

Relee wrote:It's better to be short than tall. A short person can always get a tool to help them up, but I'll never be able to crawl under my bed and make a fort again!

I can! Even though I'm tall! ...Though currently I'm in the process of ordering a new bed, and my current mattress is flush with the floor, so a bed-fort involves wriggling under the mattress entirely... ;)

But at any rate, to all you people saying you'd like to be taller or shorter, I have one thing to say:

YOUR GRASS IS VERY GREEN.

'Nuff said.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Tychomonger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:56 am

Alfador wrote:YOUR GRASS IS VERY GREEN.

... are you hitting on me?
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:36 am

Nes and yo.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:36 pm

It's not the size, but what you do with it that counts. //]
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Alfador » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:19 pm

SilverFeathers wrote:It's not the size, but what you do with it that counts. //]

I live in an apartment... don't even have a lawn... B^D
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Next

Return to Jenniverse.com