Taasen Question

Discussion Of All Things Jenniversal (http://jenniverse.com)

Taasen Question

Postby nevets » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:42 am

I made a taasen set, and brought it to a coffee shop, and ran into a problem: Say the white paupil and the green paupil are destroyed. Then the red thaum is undestroyable. If the objective in the game is to destroy all of your opponents pieces, is the first person to destroy two pieces in this manner the winner? The solution me and my friend came up with was that a crushed white piece immediately returns to its original triangle, even if another piece is currently there. (I officially dub this the Neve variation after my namesake character.) How does the Creatrix solve this problem?
nevets
Our New Friend

Re: Taasen Question

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 am

nevets wrote:I made a taasen set, and brought it to a coffee shop, and ran into a problem: Say the white paupil and the green paupil are destroyed. Then the red thaum is undestroyable. If the objective in the game is to destroy all of your opponents pieces, is the first person to destroy two pieces in this manner the winner?

Then the game is a tie, nobody wins, or everybody wins. This concept was used in Unicorn Jelly itself.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Alfador » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:
nevets wrote:I made a taasen set, and brought it to a coffee shop, and ran into a problem: Say the white paupil and the green paupil are destroyed. Then the red thaum is undestroyable. If the objective in the game is to destroy all of your opponents pieces, is the first person to destroy two pieces in this manner the winner?

Then the game is a tie, nobody wins, or everybody wins. This concept was used in Unicorn Jelly itself.

Actually, it'd only be a tie if BOTH players, through two-piece destruction like this, ended up with indestructible pieces. If only the red thaum was indestructible, but all the remaining green pieces had a piece still living that could destroy them, Red might still have the win unless Green plays strongly for a tie.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby nemo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:07 pm

No, you can still win by forcing the opponent into a position where they cannot make a legitimate move. (basically: surround them with your own pieces and white pieces. For this to work, the white must be the ONLY white, and the last piece put into place - thereby denying your opponent a legitimate move by using a white.

Whether it is possible to *force* that situation with said pieces - is another question entirely. I don't know. It may be a end result which is possible, but cannot be forced if the defender is looking out for it and thinks ahead.

Now, I have my own Taasen question - well, clarification really.

Say I move a white Sciane towards my own Paupil... both pieces are under my control.

So... Does the paupil get pushed because it is a different colour, or does it not get pushed because both are controlled by the same player?

I have been played according to the first interpretation - but looking over the Taasen rules I think the second is correct? Is that right?

.../Nemo
...Play Taasen by email. Read how: http://wiki.thorx.net/wiki/Taasen
nemo
Our New Friend

Return to Jenniverse.com