A Longing for the Return of Happy Puppy

Discussion Of All Things Jenniversal (http://jenniverse.com)

A Longing for the Return of Happy Puppy

Postby OtakuMan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:48 am

CCC Attention Attention! May I have your attention please!

I would like to dedicate this thread to those who want to work on reviving Happy Puppy! 0-0

In the days of Shareware and free downloadable demos, Jenni's Happy Puppy site was a haven my brother and I would frequent to get the latest in news, downloads, and tasty tidbits of gaming goodness. It was a PC gamer's haven for good, good stuff. ^v^

Then these corporate fat cats promising the world and more came and SCREWED it all up! %<

Going to http://www.happypuppy.com shows the devastated ruins of what was once a fantastic site. Hopes and Dreams of Jenni's... gone! >.<

But then again... that site is also for sale! %/

I know what you're thinking! Taking a site such as HappyPuppy and reviving it from the ashes is an arduous task that Jenni might not be up for after what happened the last time. >.<

But I just can't stand letting that site just sit there and rot for who knows what to come along and snap it up. In other words, I want to help...

F!

Exactly!

If possible, I would like to see Jenni renew her ownership of HappyPuppy.com since the site is up for sale. And I would like to pledge my help in building bridges and forming a battle plan to bring HappyPuppy back like a Phoenix being reborn from its ashes! ^v^

What say you all, and especially Jenni?

CAN WE FIX IT!? F!

~Otaku-Man

W!!

~Play For Fun!

OtakuMan
Apple Class

Re: A Longing for the Return of Happy Puppy

Postby Monthenor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:45 pm

All they'd have to do is put up an archive of the LordSoth page and I'd be happy. So many good memories...Cyberdogs, Genocide, Scorched Earth...
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby arex » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:46 pm

If Sedo owns the URL now, it'll take many hundreds of dollars to get it back. I ran into same problem with our local kennel club, and wound up having to create a new URL.

Hnngh.
"Ahab knew, baby...I lust." -- Vet-san
arex
Apple Class Master

Postby OtakuMan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Sedo? Who's Sedo? As far as I know, the site is pretty much delisted save for a flash of a splash page.

~Otaku-Man

~Play For Fun!

OtakuMan
Apple Class

Postby Plasman » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:29 pm

I remember Happy Puppy!
At least, I think I do... wasn't it full of demo games and cheats? :mrgreen:
It was ages ago now, I'm not even sure if it was still owned by the Atoys team when I went there. But my memories are of a very classy site, definitely worth bookmarking.

OtakuMan wrote:Going to http://www.happypuppy.com shows the devastated ruins of what was once a fantastic site. Hopes and Dreams of Jenni's... gone!

More or less... it's just a vacant lot now.

:( ...

I'm interested to hear what Jennifer and Stephen have to say about this.

A lot of water has passed under the bridge, and the Net is not the place it was ten years ago...
Jennifer has retired herself from the games industry, after Kokoro Wish...
But on the other hand, she is still as opinionated and interested in games as she ever was.

Who knows?
It would be nice...

(-.-)
(dreams)
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to Jenniverse.com