The Ancient Heroes of Taelis • Jennifers first 3D Comic

Postby Anna » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:21 am

Hurry up before she removes it again :wink:
I have saved the page...

http://pasteldefender.com/

I hope Jennifer goes forward with it, and creates some more little stories.
By all what I've read about Spore, this is a real more creative way to use it,
as simply follow the original idea of evolving and conquering the universe. (Yawn....)
He he he, in the next step she could possibly make animated pictures, a movie, ....
//]
But meanwhile, please share with us more of your stories, created with the little help of Spore.

About the art technics:
Screenshots, you placed the Faernis and took your picture.
It seems that there no really "action" can be "photographed" like a comic book, doesn't matter.
Have you thought about some collage? To make one picture of two or more for some dramatic scenes?
Well, during your trouble with your median nerve it is surley not possible.
But for some later stories it would be wonderful.

Es ist wunderbar, ich mag es, ich liebe es.

Edit: I changed the thread title into "Jennifers first 3D Comic" because "Jennifers first 3D Adventure" was like she created a 3D adventurer game.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: The Ancient Heroes of Taelis • Jennifers first 3D Comic

Postby TurtleFlower » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:00 am

Spore is OUT? When... When did that happen? I know I live in a cottage in the middle of the woods but holy COWS did I not expect to miss something like THAT.

I guess I've been too busy making pickles all summer... o.o Oh! but the comic is awesome, it reminds me of the old space-quest-for-friends comic that Jennifer put up from her bygone days whose name I can't remember. I've always liked that particular reason for space travel.

I also LOVE seeing sheets of guides/stats for alien races. I love putting them together too, though mine don't look nearly as pretty as Jennifer's.
~~ So says an animate pile of gears and cogs with a soul ~~
TurtleFlower
Ready For Fruit School

Postby Relee » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:09 pm

It came out in Australia on the third, in Europe on the fifth, in North America on the seventh, and here in Sarnia on the eighth.

So it's been out a few days now. I dunno how you missed the hype. ^.^;;

There's a thread for discussing the game in the Games forum here, though.

And like I said there, WTG on the comic Jenny. If you want to try giving it a more artistic edge, Spore contains filters that make the world look like an oil painting or noir style film. http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Monthenor » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Relee wrote:...Spore contains filters that make the world look like an oil painting or noir style film. http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials

Relee wrote:look like an oil painting or noir style film

Relee wrote:noir style film

Sorry for the meme/cliche, but that is exactly how it went in my head. Dammit. I'm still busy crashing castles, I don't have time for Spore.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby RaharuAharu » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:05 pm

The Faerni are very neat.

I like their philosophy as well.
They seem to be Socially much like Chironites.

They are also very physically appealing.
Rwrrr!
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Plasman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:36 pm

Wow.
That really does look like a lot of fun!
Your Faerni are quite clearly a labour of love. It's a shame they aren't as furry as your original drawings showed them, but they still come across as very friendly.
I'm glad that you're still able to put something out for the hungry masses. Will you do more stories?
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Zev » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 pm

Oh I LOVE this kind of comic, and I looooove the Faerni! In creature stage I ran into this nest on the beach surrounded by sweating pods, I stuck around and the Faerni hatched out of them! Pod people! I knew there and then I had to befriend them, but they were insanly tough to charm. Lucky for me, as I was attempting for the 6th or so time to impress the fickle Faerni, a meteor shower rained down from above and freaked them all out, causing them to scatter.

This gave me the opertunity to engage them one by one and win their friendship. I wanted to tame them in tribe but I never found 'em again.
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Quaeras » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:51 am

The animation of Taelis is backwards if it is following a normal mundis scheme for rotation.

Typical planets of this size (Venus is the atypical exception) use the right hand rule for rotation.

Make a fist with your right hand, and point your thumb up. the thump represents the orientation of the astronomical north pole (magnetic poles can shift) and the fingers represent the direction of the rotation, from palm to fingertip.

Either that or we're looking at it upside-down!
Two "Yay"s, one "Hey!" and an essay. Still counting.
Quaeras
100 Post Little Master

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Relee wrote:It came out in Australia on the third, in Europe on the fifth, in North America on the seventh, and here in Sarnia on the eighth.

So it's been out a few days now. I dunno how you missed the hype. ^.^;;

I haven't heard any hype at all actually. Either on the sites I go to or on that thar picture tube. If you asked me, I wouldn't have known it was out. Compared to say Halo or Warcraft, there was no hype.

And it was a fun story.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Ashes » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:39 pm

WizzyKitty, are you in the US? I've seen ads for Spore on Cartoon Network and Discovery Channel. Discovery even re-aired their The Future Is Wild speculative evolution show as part of a Spore-hype-hour, along with interviews and such with Will Wright and other people behind Spore.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby TurtleFlower » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:56 am

Perhaps he's much like myself, in that I have no TV machine. o.o
~~ So says an animate pile of gears and cogs with a soul ~~
TurtleFlower
Ready For Fruit School

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Ashes wrote:WizzyKitty, are you in the US? I've seen ads for Spore on Cartoon Network and Discovery Channel. Discovery even re-aired their The Future Is Wild speculative evolution show as part of a Spore-hype-hour, along with interviews and such with Will Wright and other people behind Spore.

Since I made the post, I've seen a couple of Spore commercials. Well, I've seen the exact same Spore commercial, a few times. Creativlution or something.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:39 am

The local newspapers had advertisements for the game just about every day for a month before the release. They even gave a copy of the Creature Creator with the paper for $2. Which reminds me, where did I put that disc...?
I didn't realise that we were the first to get copies, though! That's unusual, considering that Australia is one of the last markets to get any of the really interesting (read: under-promoted but brilliant) games.
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Relee » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:04 am

Are you going to continue this comic still Jenny? Has your nerve gotten any better?
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Return to Jenniverse.com