Trying to order the book off Amazon

The original retro-pixel mangastrip

Trying to order the book off Amazon

Postby Plasman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 am

Okay folks, I'm trying again.
I tried to order the UJ paperback through my local bookstore, but they said they couldn't get it through that distributor - even though it's listed on the franchise's website, ISBN number and everything... BAH! :evil:
...I'm not beaten yet.

I found out that you can buy Visa Prepaid Gift Cards to make online purchases without having to actually have a credit account. I've ordered the hardcover Unicorn Jelly as well as a couple of other books that I've been looking for, one of them being this.

This is the first time I've ever ordered something online, so I hope it works out. Wish me luck! :mrgreen:

Also, I heard that you were willing to autograph copies of the book if we sent them to you, Jennifer - is that still the case? :)
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Re: Trying to order the book off Amazon

Postby Ashes » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 am

Amazon? I thought the books were only available through Lulu.com

http://jenniverse.com/astore.html
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Plasman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 am

Wow, Ashes, Amazon's had UJ on its books for quite a while now! Where have you been hiding? ;]
http://www.amazon.com/Unicorn-Jelly-Jennifer-Diane-Reitz/dp/1430321652/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264005505&sr=8-3
It's true! They clearly figure it's popular enough to make available through its catalogue . And it has some positive reviews from some familiar names...
I don't think PDH* and TSH are available on Amazon yet, though. If this book order thing works out for me I'll try to order the rest direct from Lulu instead.
Oh, and it turns out I accidentally ordered the paperback version, oopsie... well, a book's a book, and I'll still enjoy it anyway!

Also, I don't know if anyone else has read the Jenniverse home page recently, but Ishtar Crisis is now available in dead tree form!

*EDIT: Apparently PDH used to be on Amazon too, but it's not now. :?
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Plasman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:00 am

Yay! I got it! It arrived yesterday morning, which was weird since I wasn't expecting the delivery for another two weeks or so. Amazon delivered early! :mrgreen: I'll post a review of the book on Amazon tomorrow, once I've had a look through the book properly.

Jennifer, have you had a chance to look at the new book in hard copy form yet? Does it meet your expectations? I noticed that most of the black and white images turned out really crisp, but the ones that were originally in colour came out a bit smooshy (but that's normal when you convert rich colours into a black-and-white halftone).
Otherwise I think the book is nice! ;] I only wish I'd shelled out extra for the hard cover... :(
________
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to Unicorn Jelly