Getting Jens stuff on E-Ink/E-Readers.

Equestria is an emerging pocket sub-cosmos located off the western coast of the Americas. Its magical energies are fatal to humans, and human nature is fatal to both Equestria and the earth as a whole. In the seven years available, the only solution is the total ponification, by any means, of the entire human species. My Little Pony done as Hard Core Science Fiction!

Getting Jens stuff on E-Ink/E-Readers.

Postby RaharuAharu » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:52 am

Dear Jennifer,

What are the chances of getting your CB stories collected into Epub volumes?

Indeed, what are the chances of getting UJ,PDH, and TSH in Epub formats?

Have you put any thought into SELF publishing any of the above on The Nook and Kindle stores?

On the Nook and Kindle E-Ink Readers, its just b&w but your comics come out look great on them none the less.

You can publish a color version too for the LCD Mini Tablet Readers as well. Im told that Amazon and Barnes and Noble are both very good to self published authors.

Just look at 50 Shades of Grey, what gutter trash that was, and the author is now a damn millionaire.

Your comics ALONE are better then 50 Fucking Shades of Grey.

Ive gone and loaded some of your comics on to the nook, just a few strips to see how they looked.
Here are the results of a caveman trying to stuff the mona lisa into her cave, Im sure with some creative editing they would look even better.

Please Consider getting your works out there to the E-Reader community at an affordable price, not only to yourself, but the buyer as well!

- Raharu Aharu

Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Re: Getting Jens stuff on E-Ink/E-Readers.

Postby Coda » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Wouldn't be hard to convert them to PDF. I've done that for other fics before, and the Nook is happy to read them.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby RaharuAharu » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Coda wrote:Wouldn't be hard to convert them to PDF. I've done that for other fics before, and the Nook is happy to read them.

I think Jen should explore the Ebook Market for Comics and such, along with her fics.
I mean I could convert the archives and such myself, but... I guess what Im getting at is, that I would like to pay for them, and I think others would too.... To be honest, the Nook and Kindle stores do not have much in the way of comics that I find, good or interesting. Also, I think it would relight the fire of all her pasts works, giving them much more exposure then they had previously.

If they are priced right she could make a nice amount from her comics alone!

Break each one up into something like 3 parts, 4-5$ per part. Toss in all the Omake and Comments and notes.

Bundle the CB ficks up, again 4-5$ per bundle.
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Coda » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Absolutely yes on her comics, but I'd be hesitant on the fics. I don't know how Hasbro feels about derivative works being sold for profit.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby RaharuAharu » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Coda wrote:Absolutely yes on her comics, but I'd be hesitant on the fics. I don't know how Hasbro feels about derivative works being sold for profit.

Hmmmm

Good point.
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Coda » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Clearly they don't mind fan works that are free, so PDF downloads of the stories would be worthwhile. :) It's just having them for sale that gives me worry.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 pm

I am considering it now.

As for the Conversion Bureau stories, I am considering how they could be rewritten so as to divorce them entirely from Hasbro's property, and thus make them entirely my own.

Very little would need to be changed, since very little was drawn from My Little Pony in retrospect. It almost is at the level of mere search-and-replace and bam, completely original stuff.

The trick is that I would need to do a little bit of worldbuilding for that small portion which is not mere names, and my mind is currently very stuck in Equestria, so I need time to unhook it, so as to be free enough to think about what universe would be better than Equestria, how it would work, and how my stories could reference it best.

I am thinking about these things...
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Coda » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:36 am

Sounds like what Fifty Shades did to Twilight. ;) Except not a horrific crime against literature.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Anna » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:40 am

Hello

I’d remove my last posting, because I think it was a bit silly.
But I always write not very intelligent things.

I an other thread, I described the possibillity to create an ebook as a PDF.
It is possible to create an interactive PDF, and especially Jennifers comics are full of links and alternate versions of the actual storylines.

I’ve got no ebook reader, and so I don’t know how it works and what you can make with it.
The epub format, so I did read, is very similar to the html.
If it is so, then links and other fine html features should be able to work.
Well, maybe... I wonder if the animated gif's would be accepted.

An other way to get Jennifers comic tales in some ebook format is to change them into the CBR or CBZ format, there are software viewers which can read them.
(like http://www.cheshirecrossing.net/ these comics are in the same file format)
To create it is very simple.
Put all comic pages together in the correct order (jpg's) and make an archive, ZIP or RAR.
After you’ve got the zip-archive or the rar-archive, simply rename the suffix.
Comic.rar becomes comic.cbr – comic.zip becomes comic.cbz
It works, I tried it.
Sadly, as an example, „Pastel Defender Heliotrope“ is getting 45MB.
(Based on the online pages)
And no links or specials. (...all the describings wich are below the comics)
It’s like to convert a blu-ray into a small simple divx-avi file.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby RaharuAharu » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I am considering it now.

As for the Conversion Bureau stories, I am considering how they could be rewritten so as to divorce them entirely from Hasbro's property, and thus make them entirely my own.

Very little would need to be changed, since very little was drawn from My Little Pony in retrospect. It almost is at the level of mere search-and-replace and bam, completely original stuff.

The trick is that I would need to do a little bit of worldbuilding for that small portion which is not mere names, and my mind is currently very stuck in Equestria, so I need time to unhook it, so as to be free enough to think about what universe would be better than Equestria, how it would work, and how my stories could reference it best.

I am so glad to hear this Jennifer!

So glad that I sent you a private message!

Removing the pony aspect from your stories is sad, but regrettably a necessity if you intend to sell them. However I have NO DOUBT that you will come up with a highly suitable universe, and stand in for ponies.. world creation has never been a problem for a Creatrix ^_^

I really think getting the comics to the E-book stores would be fantastic. Please keep us informed as to the progress of this!
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Anna » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 am

I couldn’t resist, I have to write down a silly dumb thought.

Jennifer?
Your Conversion Bureau.
Why don't use your still existing universes?

You once told that the humans in Unicorn Jelly etc. where copies of the humans of earth.
Ahm, my english isn't the best and I'm lazy to read the whole things about, but I think you never told us the whole story why the humans exists in the universes of Unicorn Jelly.and Pastel
Maybe the story behind this is very similar to the Equestria stories????

Allright no ponies, - but a unicorn apears in the beginning!
Where does it come from, is it alone, last survivor or what was happened?
Is there a story far away in the past, nearly forgotten?

There was a unicorn, that's a fact, and it's also a fact that you never ever showed it us again.
Well I don't think that humans of earth did become unicorns, there are many humans and not a big population of "Einhörner", but there is a big mystery, and you could cover it up.
Well, many equestrians ponies are unicorns …., he he he

So, think to it, your unicorn was first!

Just a suggestion..., just a try to build a bridge, allright, make dust and debris of it, if this is too stupid.
But for me, there is a clue between all your tales and universes, - because, - it was created by the same mind.

And now, - stone me!
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby RaharuAharu » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I am considering it now.

Any progress on the E-Books Jennifer?
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Plasman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 am

Just my two cents worth...

Make this a thing Jen. Definitely; your comics deserve to be shared with others, and since a lot of people have had trouble getting them in dead-tree form, it'd be a cool way to read them offline.
Plus, it should be a bit more profitable for you than the books have been... (I seem to recall you saying you weren't getting much for the sale of each book? :? My mind is not what it was...)
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Anna » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Hello dear Fantastic Four of the Olymp in Washington.
Getting a big horror to convert all the stuff into some ebooks?

Then start with the easyiest project here.
"The Ishtar Crisis"
Do it as an Epub or an PDF, or, or....
Problems to do that?
http://calibre-ebook.com/
This software helps to create it.
(I hope also for bigger illustration sizes, ...grin.)

Also another suggestion, Jennifers TS sites,
You all could edit it, picking up the most interesting things of it, put it into a book.
A mixture of biography, (I remember some amazing stuff of Jennifers stories she wrote about her life, people/readers like the "big" drama)
And these experiences with the letters of other TS's and some tips or some infos she made on her site transsexual.org.
I'm sure with a good editing it could be a very real interesting ebook, and could possibly making a little money.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby arex » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm about a hundred pages into 48 Shades of Brown.

Hnngh.
"Ahab knew, baby...I lust." -- Vet-san
arex
Apple Class Master

Postby RaharuAharu » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:55 am

Beep beep beep beeeeeeep

Requesting status update on UJ/PDH/TSH Ebooks. :3
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby RaharuAharu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 am

Still with us Jennifer?
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to The Conversion Bureau